Posted June 30, 2014
I was a student at Northwood this past year and I am very glad to be leaving. There are some very excellent teachers at Northwood but others that are not qualified to even be near young minds. First off the administration at Northwood is weak and by no means has control. They do not enforce discipline or encourage it. Also the dress code is very subjective. The "uniform style" is actually worse than uniforms because certain people can get away with wearing things that others can't because they better. Another thing that is very bad at Northwood is bullying. I was not bullied much there but I saw many people who were. I was teased because I made good grades and because I used clean language and didn't get into trouble. These things were said around or within earshot of teachers and nothing was ever said. Also almost ALL of the students at Northwood use terrible and crude language. I'm not saying that the teachers can control what students say or hear at home but they could at least enforce discipline when they hear it. It was always ignored or somehow justified (depending on who the student was.) I highly suggest staying away from it and getting a quality education elsewhere.

Posted June 17, 2014
My daughter transferred to Northwood as an 8th grader. She is in honors classes and overall had SOME really great teachers. However, a couple of REALLY incompetent teachers and the principal is the absolute worst excuse for an administrator/ educator! Never responded to my concerns as a parent. The overall focus is NOT education. I plan to move in order for my younger daughter to attend a different middle school.

Posted May 10, 2014
Northwood Middle is a great school. Mr.Lee is a wonderful addition to our school. He is AWOME!! The Teachers are great . The office staff is so wonderful and so helpful. My son has been blessed with WONDERFUL teachers for the two years he been at Northwood. The PTA does so much for the school . They are a great group of parents! No this school is not perfect but what school is. I love this school and will miss it when my son rises to 9th grade.

Posted May 09, 2014
At first I didn't care to much for Northwood but with the new principal, I change my mind. My daughter loves this school and even though I may not like some of her teachers, there are some that I can communicate with and are very caring! This is just my opinion but I can honestly say I would rather her go here than anywhere else. Go Northwood Knights!

Northwood Middle School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
Please only rate the school one time per person! My child has had a great experience academically at Northwood. He is in all Honors classes where there are less discipline problems, so we have not encountered that, but his classes are VERY challenging and the teachers are highly qualified. He has learning disabilities but no IEP/504 yet the teachers are all willing to accommodate his extra needs with just emails from me every year. His teachers care that their students really learn and prepare for high school. I really appreciate the dress code. I have heard there are problems with kids in the school (as in any school) but I feel the administration does well at keeping order and safety at the school.

Northwood Middle School 4

Posted September 11, 2013
The New principal is awesome as well as the administrators! I know in the past there seemed to be problems but what I have seen so far I like. My daughter is in her 7th year without any issues! Just my opinion this is a quality school for my daughter!

Posted August 12, 2013
As a student at this school, it's awful. All the kids speak Ghetto no matter what their culture is. The kids are mean and I myself have been called names and bullied. My parents went to the principal and it stopped for a while but then continued. I have had two teachers who have been really nice and more than a few that have been miserable. My parents will not put my sister in this school next year.

Posted August 11, 2013
I am a actiuve student at Northwood Middle School in Taylors,SC. My school is preppy and has won the palmetto gold and silver over the past three years. Although a public school we have a very good campus and also highly qalified teachers. Along with this we are partnered with Eatsside High School to give students like myself more options in extracuriculars.

Posted August 10, 2013
Northwood Middle School has been a great school for all three of our children. We have had two boys to attend Northwood for all three of their middle school years. They had a great experience and were prepared for high school. I believe that there is strict discipline at this school, and I like that. My daughter will be a 7th grader this year, and she had a great 6th grade year. I believe that your school experience depends a lot on what you put into it. So, we encourage our children to do their best and to be respectful to everyone. I am also involved as a volunteer as much as I can, and I believe that makes a difference. My children see me there, and they know that I care about what is happening to them. You won't find a better middle school in Greenville County!

Posted August 09, 2013
Disappointed in this school. My child has been here since 6th grade, now entering 8th. Not impressed with the teachers at all. Through the years he's had only maybe 2 really good teachers. A lot of disciplinary problems in this school and I feel the administration is not tough enough at all. Plenty of bullying going on and fights. The school is only rated "Good" and they can't seem to pull that up. Definitely will NOT send my next child here. Do your research.

Northwood Middle School
710 Ikes Rd, Taylors, SC  29687
Last modified Northwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwood Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top