Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We had our son in a Montessori school, and it just wasn't working for us. We toured several other Public Elementary schools, and Wellford stood out. Our son started in the 1st grade at Wellford, and just finished 4th. I wish we'd had him at Wellford from the very beginning! Every teacher, every administrator, every worker knew our son. Every teacher he had was exactly what he needed, and he has excelled in ways that we were told (by the Montessori staff) that he "would never make it in public schools." We had our son in Wellford by school choice, and have not regretted that decision. I truly felt that our son was encouraged and loved every minute he was there. Thank you, Wellford!

We use school choice so our kids can go to Wellford, and they love it. They have gone since k-4, and next year will be the last year here. It will definitely be bittersweet. The teachers have always gone above and beyond what I ever would have expected. I would recommend this school to anyone!

I can not even begin to understand why spelling is not a part of the program at this school in 3rd. or 4th. grade . What in the world could they be thinking!

We are actually zoned for Duncan Elementary school, but on recommendation of a preschool teacher we did school choice and take our daughter to Wellford. WE LOVE WELLFORD! The teachers are always so happy and eager to teach. Our daughter is well advanced for her age and her teachers have been great at challenging her with different work. Their teaching style lets kids on all levels do the same work in different ways. One child might write a paragraph to review a book and another may draw pictures showing their review of the same book. I have heard of other schools pulling kids out of classrooms and putting them in upper classrooms for advanced readers. Wellford simply brings advanced books in for their students so they can stay with their own classmates. We love Wellford and recommend it highly.

Best teachers and great learning programs for the kids.

My son is in kindergarten , and he loves it! I was really nervous about sending him because he does have a temper on him and I was afraid that would be a problem but it's not. He loves his teacher's and all his friends.He has learned a lot since school started and it is only Dec.The school is about 12-13 minutes from our house but it's worth it as long as he is doing good and learning.. I am very happy with his progress this year so far!

Last modified Wellford Academy Of Science And Techology is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.