West Columbia, SC

Posted November 17, 2013
Terrible school. Never send your children here. The teachers are awful, the principal is worse and the curriculum is a joke. STAY AWAY!

Posted November 03, 2013
Sorry for the others but I do attend church and know many of the members! The school is a great learning atmosphere and as a parent I was also very involved with any issues my daughter had. And the principle is a sweet heart who has helped my family I also love his wife she's awesome. May God bring peace to your hearts former student that attended. May God root out the anger y'all are still carrying inside. Thank you to Grace and to my Pastor you guys mean so much and I love you all!!

Posted August 22, 2013
As a now ex student from this school, I can honestly say that Grace made the years I spent there a nightmare. The environment is toxic and superficial. The staff do not seem to care about you, only how you present yourself. If you do not agree with everything they say, then you will be blacklisted. (I witnessed a peer being ostracized simply because she did not share the same political views.) In my ninth grade health class, I was made to feel as though if you had a mental illness (such as depression or anxiety) then it was your own fault. There are many problems with unfair discipline and favoritism among the staff. The only thing decent about the school is the cirriculum and even that is made mediocre by terrible teachers. (The current math teacher has absolutely no idea what he is doing.) The only students I knew at the school who didn't feel attacked or mistreated in some way were staff kids and attendants of the church. Do yourself a favor and don't send your kids here. They will thank you.

Posted June 16, 2013
Being an ex-student of this school, i'm going to be honest. I hated every living minute of the place. For one thing, the "staff children" are treated better than the children who aren't and/or go to a different church. A personal story from me is that one day the principal found out something VERY personal about, called my parents, and DEMAND i take action and "correct myself." I now attend a public school and i feel safer and more aware of everyday life of the REAL WORLD. Grace is built inside a bubble. So unless you want your children to be taught to ignore the true facts about the world (drugs, sex, jobs, how to live in the world, opinions, etc) then sign right up. Your child is not safe, take it from a student who literally had panic attacks thanks to that place. -M

Posted February 18, 2013
Very poor atmosphere. Children whose parent that don't attend the sponsoring church or believe as they do are treated very differently. Discipline is very inconsistent where certain students receive preferential treatment. The principal seems nice but is actually just concerned with himself and how he is perceived. The education is decent not worth paying for though. Overall it's a very close minded overly conservative place that tries to control every aspect of your children's lives including what they do at home. Avoid at all costs

Posted August 17, 2012
My daughter is in her second year and learning piano & violin and we are members at Grace I love the school, pastor and many more. They are very caring and understanding. Not everyone will have the same opinion but to slander them may God have mercy on you to write those things and you proclaim to be a christian wow its really sad to see people so bitter but all we can do is pray for them. Love GBC & GCS

Grace Christian School 2

Posted September 02, 2011
I attended Grace for 13 years. Things haven't changed apparently as my experience mirrors the other low reviews. What many fail to bring out is that Grace is a conservative, independent fundamentalist baptist "world view" school. The doctrine and (Baptist) theology they go into during Jr & Sr high years will make or break your interest in this school. If you do not attend Grace, your child will be looked down upon as an outcast and will be subtly led to believe all family members and parents are hell bound because they do not believe the "true" doctrines they teach. Highlights of what they believe - The universe was created 6000 years ago, women may only wear loose fitting past-the-knee skirts / dresses (to wear pants/shorts will deem you backslidden), all non-creationist scientists are evil, "Mother Theresa is in hell & Billy Graham is headed there" (Direct quote from a bible teacher, "because she was Catholic"). Outward appearances are paramount regardless of spirit. True teenage struggles are NOT dealt with and you are made to feel as if you are backslidden and just need to pray "more". I was woefully ill-prepared for life outside of the baptist-conservative "bubble".

Posted March 09, 2010
I was a teacher and a parent at this school. It is one on the poorest school you ever could imagine. The high school adminstrator has no understanding of the students let alone the teachers. The new pastor is even worse. STAY AWAY !!!!

Grace Christian School 3

Posted February 16, 2010
I attended Grace for 14 yrs k - 12th. The education I recieved there was excellent, however, I feel that I would have had more opportunities had i gone to a public school. Many of the disciplinary actions that took place at the school were double standard, and lacked consistency. They are very narrow minded in thier views on spirituality, and often make students who are not of the 'independent baptist' denomination feel inferior, or isolated. They also try to make it seem like public schools are bad and if you go to one you will be involved with sex drugs... etc. At Grace you are not introduced to any of this, or told how to handle a situation where those things are present. If you are a parent who wishes for your child to live a sheltered life then by all means grace is the place for you...

Posted May 09, 2009

Grace Christian School
416 Denham Avenue, West Columbia, SC  29169
Last modified Grace Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Grace Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top