West Columbia, SC

Brookland Cayce No. 1 Elementary School 1

Posted January 23, 2013
BC No 1 has lost my child and a few others. Allow for bullying to go on. My daughter was in the OASIS program and was still not very challenged by it. She was still bored with the activities of the program. The principal is a good one! Most of the teachers only care about their *star* children. I am totally disappointed by this school and the staff at the district office! Good luck if you decide on this school. Beware of the bullies, favoritism, and losing of children.

Brookland Cayce No. 1 Elementary School 0

Posted March 19, 2010
I am very well pleased with the teachers and staff at the school. When I come in I am greeted by either Mrs. Suber, Mrs. Earle, or Mrs. Rush the nurse. I feel that my child is in a very safe enviroment. I went to the school when I was younger so I know alot of the teachers and I know that my daughter is getting a good education. The testing scores has improved greatly. The school needs more parent involvment. The teachers have an open door if you ever need to talk about the well beings of your child at school or at home. I love the school with my baby going into kindergarten next year i am so exicted that my family will still have some kind involement with the school. Great job staff you are doing a great job! Thanks for all that you do for our

Brookland Cayce No. 1 Elementary School 5

Posted August 12, 2008
I have two kids that go herer and the teachers are great. They have great student to teacher ratio. Mr. Clark in a great principal. This school is the best so far that my kids have been to and this is there 3rd school. I think this one is a keeper.

Brookland Cayce No. 1 Elementary School 0

Posted November 13, 2007
5 stars! We have two children at BC Grammar. My daughter is in the OASIS program, and we're thrilled with the progress she has made. All of my childrens' teachers have been tremendous! We love Ms. Hutchins, Ms. Sexton, Ms. Busbee and Ms. Ragsdale. Mr. Clark is doing a terrific job!

Brookland Cayce No. 1 Elementary School 4

Posted January 25, 2006
The student teacher ratio is great! The school and classes are small, child gets more one on one. Administration does not pay close attention to children leaving, pick up person, safety guidelines of such not met.

Brookland Cayce No. 1 Elementary School 4

Posted January 25, 2006
This is a small school with great student to teacher ratio. My children receive much more one on one than ever! The teachers are caring and creative, as is the guidance and pricipal and vice principal as well. Other side, office and administrative staff lack in child safety. I have witnessed signing in and out students and know minimum regulations not followed. Not checking for id's, not noticing people leaving or coming. Alternate door unlocked allowing for anyone to come in and out with out checking with office. The 12 times i have noticed signing in and out (either for my children or others) only one time did someone get out of their chair to check sign in/out log, or greet pick up person. no one ever asked for id or checked child file for authorized pickup persons.

Brookland Cayce No. 1 Elementary School
114 Hook Ave, West Columbia, SC  29169
Last modified Brookland Cayce No. 1 Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookland Cayce No. 1 Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top