Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Salad River for the Arts has been a great disappointment. Instead of encouraging my young black male child they have been on a mission to kill his dreams. He is academically focused and extremely talented in the Arts, but there has been no attempt made to help him develop and sharpen his skills. Thankfully my young black male child comes from a home that encourages supports and shows interest in his many talents and academic performance. This school is not a good beginning for any black male child. If you show talent or good academics it will go unnoticed. This school is now on a mission to tarnish his permanent record, a child that has never been aggressive and always eager to learn has voiced he doesn't feel safe and equal in his surroundings. After a day at school in 2017 he looked at me with tear filled eyes and said, no one is fare in there, I don't like there, please don't take me back to that school. It broke my heart to see the hurt he was experiencing in a place I thought was safe. I've voiced my concerns to his teacher as well as the assistant Principal because the Principal was to busy as usual to speak with me after repeated calls and unanswered messages.. My non aggressive hard working talented young black boy came home the following day with news that there is alternative school for boys like him. WHAT! The assistant Principal spoke to him and this is what he told my young black male child, he also being a black male had no encouraging words for my child, but instead threats of an alternative school. I am appalled, shocked and sickened with disbelief. I hope this school learns how to treat every young innocent child equally and with the respect they deserve and would want for their own children.

My son and daughter both of are going this school. My son is now in grade 4 and he is going to this school since his k5 . So I have a very long and deep relation with this school. The teachers are excellent. Staff are organized and helpful. I like their teaching strategy and also how they manage the students. Most of all the Principal is the best .

My daughter began attending SRAA last year. She is now in first grade. I have been SO impressed with the committment of the teachers and the staff. I LOVE that she is getting a well-rounded education with the arts curriculum. It is wonderful that she can get such a great education and we can still live close to town.

My son went to kindergarten here this year. I was very concerned at first because he is energetic, but his teachers helped him learn to manage that and he has excelled throughout the school year. This is a wonderful school with an excellent staff. I wish we could stay at this school through fifth grade!

We have moved throughout our school district several timnes throughout the years and have truly found our home at Saluda River. The staff and families are phenomenol. The school is quaint and everyone is very involved with continuing the success of the school.

Last modified Saluda River Academy For The Arts is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.