West Columbia, SC

Posted May 02, 2013
This school talks a good game, but many students tend to fall through the cracks. I have read what many of the other parents have said about bullying, buses and bitter teachers. It's true more than I would like to admit. I have heard of more fights at that school than I ever dreamed. The administrators do have the school like a jail limiting bathroom breaks, but yet there is at least a fight every week. My son passes the classes but doesn't know hardly any of the material because the teachers don't want to spend the time. There is only one teacher that uses the Edmodo system and her grades still aren't up to date on the site. The school would do better if it just followed through.

R. H. Fulmer Middle School 3

Posted December 04, 2012
When we first moved to Fulmer, I had a great impression. All the staff seemed great & caring of the students. They are really good curriculum wise,but some of the teachers are very,not so nice, caring,& kind of ridiculous in the way they teach & treat students. I know they say,"they have a tight schedule." But the children should have time & be allowed to visit their lockers & use the rest room between every class if they need to.As far as that goes, I think this school is some what like a prison. I think you only get like 2 or 3 bathroom passes a nine weeks or what ever it is, but it's not enough!! Oh, & if they do go they get a red ID or something.Really? Are they serious? I sit @ work for eight hours everyday & go to the bathroom @ least 5 times just in that day...everyday! I will come down from my podium now, but we are moving & we(my self & my children)won't miss the school very much. PS. Some of your teachers are just to old to deal with kids anymore & it makes them very bitter. They need to just go ahead & retire. Thanks & have a great day:)

Posted September 24, 2012
This is a bad school for bullying. My daughter gets picked on every day on the bus. I have contacted the bus barn, the school, and the administrators about the problem and none wants to handle the problem. They pass the problem off to one another then gives out just a d note. Notes is a slap on the wrist and the child is backing doing it again but harasser. The teachers they have some good ones then some who just like to throw a book at you and tell you to read, write about it and then I will test you on it.

R. H. Fulmer Middle School 1

Posted December 31, 2011
This school is very uncaring. My family lost our Grandmother to my Daughter. She was in tears and she is an 'A&B' student to that school and they told her that she could not attend her funeral. It was a disgrace. I was so shocked. Right now we are looking for other schools because this school has very many teachers who are unfair that do injustice to the children. My daughter and the people that make good grades are what run that school. They will be losing a student and the even sadder part is she has to leave the friends she loves because the school system and the school itself is terrible.

R. H. Fulmer Middle School 5

Posted September 23, 2009
This is an excellent school. The leadership is phenomenal. Especially Mrs. Brown who is leaving soon. The entire staff is great. My child loves it. He has great friends and he has great grades. There are hardly any fights. The students respect the teachers and vice versa. I would recommend this school to anyone!!

R. H. Fulmer Middle School 3

Posted July 17, 2008
my daughter is graduating from fulmer and overall it is not a bad school. i think some of the teachers could listen better to the studens and not jump to conclusions first. there have been some fights but have not heard of any gang related issues.

R. H. Fulmer Middle School 1

Posted August 18, 2005
- a former student

R. H. Fulmer Middle School 4

Posted March 20, 2005
Principal seems to an outstanding leader. Have not had any difficulties with teachers. I like the fact that they provide both a web page and phone line to allow me to keep up with my childs homework and progress. Overall I think it's a realatively good school. Have only heard of one fight thus far at the school. For a middle school that seems low to me. If I felt my child was in anyway in danger, I'd have them out of there pronto, but I have not had any problems like that.

Posted November 03, 2004
This school has alot of fights and gang related activities. This is really an okay school but the children and some of the teachers try to start things with other students. The teachers do not even listen to the children.

R. H. Fulmer Middle School 5

Posted April 03, 2004

R. H. Fulmer Middle School
1614 Walterboro St, West Columbia, SC  29170
Last modified R. H. Fulmer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R. H. Fulmer Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top