Bad
Good

I have been teaching at Fennell for 40 years and we have an excellent technology dapartment. When our students leave Fennell they are typing between 15 - 80 WPM. They also know their facts with 95% accuracy. We have an excellent garden & greenhouse project with fresh vegetables for the students & community. Overall we have a GREAT school!

I was a student at this school from the 4th-6th grade the school years 2004-2007 and I HATED IT. I don't want to give this school a score because that was how bad it was for me. Everyday, I was teased, bullied and beat up by the students here. My mum constantly went to the principal to put a stop to this and he did not have a backbone. Yes, he'll call the students up to his office and have a talk to them, literally tell them to stop teasing me (like that is going to really make them stop) but that only made the situation worse. There was about 40 people in my sixth grade class and 35 out of those 40 literally scream and mess around while the teacher was talking. It was like this everyday for me. One day it got so bad that i literally walked out the classroom in the middle of the teacher is talking and cried out in the hallway. However I managed to pull through and I graduated the sixth grade with Honors (surprised that they had a Honors here) and top of my sixth grade class. The teachers at this school actually did care, There was a few that I did not care too much for, but overall, I know the teachers did care. Sadly, I wish they had more students like me who actually cared...

I transferred my daughter to this school due to transportation issues. She was excited about the move, and I anticipated a smooth transition because we were only remaining within the same school district. My daughter went from being an honor student to failing. She was not even introduced to her new class. School rules Homework was about 1/4 of that of her former school. The Mrs. Roberts (her teacher) is rude and tries to talk over you when asking questions (unless you're speaking with her in front of the principal). Rules & expectations were not given until her 2nd day of school, meanwhile the new rules were being enforced and she was sent to the office on her 1st day of school. Never received a supply list, so I had to see the teacher about that. Mrs. Roberts was unable to tell me her lesson plans so I could help my daughter study, would never grant my request to see her "recorded" grades, and never informed me about "power school" (an only resource that allows parents to see current grades and projects - the Superintendent had to tell me about that). Overall: very poor school!! Pay for private school or transportation to another school. do not send your child here!!!

Last modified Fennell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.