Box Elder, SD

Posted December 26, 2013
We love Douglas Middle School! My daughter is a 7th grade student at Douglas and lives being there. The Teachers are very attentive with each students teaching needs. My daughter is on an IEP. As soon as we enrolled her with all the proper documentation, it took no time at all to get her in the classes to accommodate her special needs!! The Kids love their Principal and he's always involved with the kids after school activities. He's always at a game cheering them on!! This school doesn't tolerate bullying of any kind!! Kids are constantly reminded about our school being a tobacco & drug free environment! The sports we have in the school is also amazing!! As a parent of two children , I highly recommend this school. Not only did we move to Box a Elder to enroll our kids in the school District for the best education, so did 3 other families we know!!! GO PATRIOTS!!

Douglas Middle School - 01 1

Posted November 08, 2013
Not good, a lot of bullying goes on and nothing is done about it, ineffective administration. Some good teachers and some not so good. Not secure, front doors are open leading straight to the cafeteria, no security guards. Fights break out in the schoolyard and no teachers are present as they are supposed to be, I would not recommend this school in it's present state.

Posted September 10, 2008
tis is the best school ive ever been to. i like the teachers they are very kind and supportive. i am in eigth grade and started in 7th here but i still think it is the best of all schhols ive ever been to. And hopefully i dont have to leave this district.

Douglas Middle School - 01 4

Posted March 26, 2008
I enjoyed going to this school very much. I loved my teachers and the staff and everything. They taught me so well. I thought this school was awesome.

Posted January 02, 2006
- a former student
I was actually a former student at Douglas Middle school. I loved going there everyday. It was a fun and safe environment. The academics and sports were taught by very professional teachers. I never had a teacher I didn't like. The Douglas school district is a lot more sophisticated and organized compared to the schools I have attended in Hawaii. I wanted to show my appreciation by saying thank you very much and I miss DMS dearly!

Douglas Middle School - 01
401 Tower Rd, Box Elder, SD  57719
Last modified Douglas Middle School - 01 is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Douglas Middle School - 01 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top