Box Elder, SD

Posted June 16, 2007
- a former student

Posted December 07, 2006
I can't say enough positive things about Vandenberg Elementary. My daughter's teacher is by far the best teacher she has ever had or hope to have in the future. She is not only extremely dedicated but also has a special way of connecting to her class and making them feel so warm and welcomed. The academics are top notch and the small size of the school and classrooms creates a very personal and close knit atmosphere. We feel very blessed to have our daughter in such an exceptional school. We could not have asked for a better situation. Thank you so much! Holly Bartlett

Posted March 16, 2006
Both of my children attended Vandenberg School and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the school, its programs and staff. The curriculum is right on target and testing scores prove this. The teachers and principal have always been helpful when there is a question about my childen's education. The Special Education department is very highly qualified as well. I would recommend this school at the top of the list for any child's education.

Posted March 16, 2006
Both my daughter and son attended Vandenberg School. It has excellent academic programs. The reading and writing programs are awesome as is the care of my children by their classroom teachers. Science is hands on and the STARBASE program is exciting. They have friends and enjoy the new playground. Their love of music and art has been encouraged in the classroom, band and after school chorus. In fourth grade they went to the Black Hills Symphony. A before and after school program supports my work schedule. And I have no worries about my children's safety. There are many extra activities including Books for Bingo, Splash Down, Field Day, Family Dance Night and Concerts. The front office staff offers a warm greeting and invites me in. I always feel welcome in the school.

Vandenberg Elementary - 02 2

Posted February 15, 2006
We have had two children attend this school and had issues with both. The academic's are lower than we are used to coming from Alaska. Both Children are reviewing work they learned in past grades and nothing really challenging. Teacher quality has been lacking and they are not challenging all of their students. Extracurricular activities are less than ideal if available at all. Faculty and leadership has little interest in seeking help from parents and instituting any program or offer for assistance outside of their set perameters. Safety has been good but discipline has been inconsistent. Overall this has been the worst school my children have attended and we're considering home schooling. Other schools in this small district have been better in all catagories other than academics. Planning to change districts or home school before years end.

Vandenberg Elementary - 02
600 North Ellsworth Rd, Box Elder, SD  57719
Last modified Vandenberg Elementary - 02 is a Public school that serves grades 4-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vandenberg Elementary - 02 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top