PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Our kids have been at MCS since preschool and will graduate high school within a few years. We could think of no better school system to have them grow up to be, not only academically sound, but have the integrity and character to stand up and make a difference in the world today. The teachers care and it's their mission to invest in student's lives. Administration has changed since the previous comments were made - which I find it hard to believe the accuracy of these statements. Administration is strong and supportive (but not perfect!). Music and athletic programs have never been stronger. Students have excelled in ACT scores over the public schools and have repeatedly won in the Academic Festivals when competing with area schools. This school is a gem and people here are kind! Most importantly, I love that God's word and principles are taught and related to in all subject matters and the Christian walk is reinforced by teachers, volunteers, and administration - NOT so in other schools. Many bullied kids have come into this school and are welcomed - as we expect our kids to treat them with the love of Jesus. This school is MUCH more - and I applaud them for it!

Our children have been educated at Mitchell Christian School since 2002. I have spent hours volunteering, subbing and serving where needed at the school and as a former teacher I am well pleased with the quality of the education. I want my children to be successful academically, but I am most concerned that my children are taught to be young men and women of excellence, character and integrity. The administration, staff, and families at MCS work hand in hand to ensure that happens. I am so impressed with the creativity, hard work and diligence of the teaching staff. This is a good school!

I attended this school for upper elementary and middle school. I decided to go to the public high school because the teachers were gossipy and biased. The music program was pathetic and the only sports available where basketball, track, and soccer. In this school your last name matters more than your abilities.

As I am former student of Mitchell Christian who has moved on to a higher institution, I can see the ways in which Mitchell Christian has prepared me for 'outside life.' I have greatly appreciated the life lessons and encouragement I received there. I felt fully prepared to continue growing in my spiritual and social life. In select areas of study (Science and English), I felt more than prepared for college course work. In the majority of others, I fell immediately behind once reaching college. The students and parents make this school. A majority of the staff is now in their rookie years, but certain parents and students have stepped up to fill in all the short areas. I hope to see the school grow and succeed in the coming years, hopefully, in the arts and performance fields. I would go back for the relationships, but not the academics.

Last modified Mitchell Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12