Mitchell, SD

Posted May 31, 2014
Our kids have been at MCS since preschool and will graduate high school within a few years. We could think of no better school system to have them grow up to be, not only academically sound, but have the integrity and character to stand up and make a difference in the world today. The teachers care and it's their mission to invest in student's lives. Administration has changed since the previous comments were made - which I find it hard to believe the accuracy of these statements. Administration is strong and supportive (but not perfect!). Music and athletic programs have never been stronger. Students have excelled in ACT scores over the public schools and have repeatedly won in the Academic Festivals when competing with area schools. This school is a gem and people here are kind! Most importantly, I love that God's word and principles are taught and related to in all subject matters and the Christian walk is reinforced by teachers, volunteers, and administration - NOT so in other schools. Many bullied kids have come into this school and are welcomed - as we expect our kids to treat them with the love of Jesus. This school is MUCH more - and I applaud them for it!

Posted June 16, 2013
Our children have been educated at Mitchell Christian School since 2002. I have spent hours volunteering, subbing and serving where needed at the school and as a former teacher I am well pleased with the quality of the education. I want my children to be successful academically, but I am most concerned that my children are taught to be young men and women of excellence, character and integrity. The administration, staff, and families at MCS work hand in hand to ensure that happens. I am so impressed with the creativity, hard work and diligence of the teaching staff. This is a good school!

Mitchell Christian School 2

Posted October 10, 2010
I attended this school for upper elementary and middle school. I decided to go to the public high school because the teachers were gossipy and biased. The music program was pathetic and the only sports available where basketball, track, and soccer. In this school your last name matters more than your abilities.

Posted September 16, 2008
As I am former student of Mitchell Christian who has moved on to a higher institution, I can see the ways in which Mitchell Christian has prepared me for 'outside life.' I have greatly appreciated the life lessons and encouragement I received there. I felt fully prepared to continue growing in my spiritual and social life. In select areas of study (Science and English), I felt more than prepared for college course work. In the majority of others, I fell immediately behind once reaching college. The students and parents make this school. A majority of the staff is now in their rookie years, but certain parents and students have stepped up to fill in all the short areas. I hope to see the school grow and succeed in the coming years, hopefully, in the arts and performance fields. I would go back for the relationships, but not the academics.

Posted March 10, 2008

Mitchell Christian School 4

Posted January 09, 2006
- a former student
I write not as a parent, but as a former student. After student teaching in other elementary schools, I have to say that they could not come close to the academic excellence of Mitchell Christian school. The spiritual guidance there is amazing as it encourages young students. I agree with the other review about the administrator, though. His intentions may be good, but he is a hindrance to the school in my opinion. Overall, I will say Mitchell Christian School is a great blessing to the community.

Posted February 10, 2005
Despite a small budget and tight resources, Mitchell Christian School holds to a high standard of behavior and acedemics. My first grader's teacher is creative and pours herself into her students. She has execellent class room management and discipline. The administration works hard to maintain excellence and promote unity among the staff. Parents are encouraged to be very involved in the working of the school and put in a required 30 volunteer hours. I have not met a parent who is unwilling to volunteer. Most parents jump in where ever they see a need. By far the best thing about MCS is the dedication of the staff, administration and board to hold to a high standard of excellence reflecting Jesus Christ. It is a pleasure to be a part of this school family.

Posted December 31, 2004
Speaking from my experience as a school critic, I can say, for sure, that if at least of the main administrators would diminish his participation in this establishment, then it would prosper more. His actions in his daily work and his treating of the students is a sadening situation. I would recommend investing more in the arts, sciences, and encourage more envolvment in other sports not just the most common one. I hope with the building of your new school that the administration will improve and the attitude torward your students will change for the better.

Mitchell Christian School
805 West 18th Avenue, Mitchell, SD  57301
Last modified Mitchell Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mitchell Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top