Piedmont, SD

Posted July 16, 2013
My son is going to be a 5th grader and my daughter is going to be a 2nd grader at Piedmont Valley Elementary. The school itself is brand new, just opened in 2011. The principal is wonderful, as is all the staff. The school has a small-school feeling to it, and most of the staff knows my kids by name. When I have been there for student activities, I have been amazed at how well-behaved and disciplined the children are. My children are receiving an excellent education, as the school has been rated a South Dakota Distinguished School for 3 years now. I am proud to send my kids to PVES!

Posted October 05, 2012
Exceptional school. The past two years Piedmont Valley has been a Distinguished School in South Dakota! My son is a third grader there and the staff is very caring and nurturing yet has high expectations. The Principal cares about the kids and the building is new and very nice. I would highly recommend this school to anyone!

Posted October 05, 2012
AWESOME SCHOOL! I have six kids who attend Piedmont Valley. Their PTA is incredible and very involved. The school is welcoming and best of all the teachers help students achieve greatness! This school is very well respected and is very high achieving. I couldn't imagine sending my kids anywhere else!

Piedmont Valley Elementary - 05 1

Posted December 07, 2011
Very dissapointed in this school. As a parent I don't feel welcome at the school. I also don't think they take parents into consideration. If you disagree with something they say they just repeat what they want you to agree with. It is almost as though they think you didn't understand what they said. The teacher my daughter had at open house was rude at best to us when we visited. She didn't feel the need to show us anything in the class room or encourage any sort of bond with my child. At school conference we were scheduled for 10 minutes in which we stood the entire time while the teacher showed us some of my daughters work. When we had concerns she didn't address them. I've had several interactions with the principle which were less productive. Poor Poor school.

Piedmont Valley Elementary - 05
12380 Sturgis Rd, Piedmont, SD  57769
Last modified Piedmont Valley Elementary - 05 is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Piedmont Valley Elementary - 05 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top