Rapid City, SD

Posted August 29, 2011
My son has attended DMS for 3 years now, he was so excited about the new school year, and the 1st day. All of the staff @ this school have been nothing short of awesome. When your child is excited about school, and eager to go back, what can i say.. it just makes me smile. Keep up the good work DMS. and Thank you.

Posted August 25, 2008
My son attended DMS last year as a 6th grader and I couldn't be more pleased with how well he adjusted! I was apprehensive at first because so many people want to blame the schools or the school system for their childrens problems. My son hangs around with a great group of kids with parents who are very involved and have taught their children manners. I wouldn't think of my child going anywhere else. I LOVE core 602 teachers, also the rest of the staff is fabulous and is very helpful when you have a need or concern. This school is awesome!

Dakota Middle School - 31 1

Posted December 11, 2007
I am a parent and think this school needs a lot of work. There have been several write ups in the paper lately and nothing good might I ad. My child is very unhappy here.

Posted November 21, 2007
My child goes there and she says its fun and awsome. It is a great school

Dakota Middle School - 31 4

Posted November 19, 2006
DMS has been a supportive, safe and positive learning experience for our student. Yes, many behavioral problems have been observed by our child in the classroom, but I do not feel this is a teacher or administrative deficiency; if there is a problem with the student population as a whole, it can be largely attributed to the actions of the parents. All parents must be disciplinarians and have daily involvement in their child's activities. Core manners must be taught at home; this will alleviate 90% of classroom disruptions. The teachers at DMS (all grades) have been professional and diligent in their work and have been so appreciative of students who put academia and respect at the top of their list while attending school. Parents must step up and work side by side with the wonderful staff who work so hard daily for their children-no matter what school.

Dakota Middle School - 31 4

Posted May 08, 2006
Hello my name is Davida J. and I do not have any kids that attend Dakota Middle School but I was a student there. I attended Dakota for my 8th grade year, from moving from new york and loved every minute of it, the staff is increadible and the teaching there is high quality. I have now moved back to New York and was planning to attend Central. When walking that stage for my 8th grade graduation, I was proud to say that i was just 1 of many students that attended Dakota. I love all my core 802 teachers i had and hope to here from you soon. But the one person i thank for getting through the school year was my councilur Mr. James! I love you and miss You dearly. Personal once attending dakota i think that it is one of the very best schools in Rapid City.

Dakota Middle School - 31

Posted February 21, 2006
My son went to Dakota Middle School and it was horrible! The treatment included being literally yelled at in front of his class for sitting sideways in his desk, being called names by a teacher (i found this out after pulling him from the school), etc. He is ADHD and the school obviously has no clue how to deal with such children. I pulled my son from the school when i realized what was going on.

Dakota Middle School - 31 2

Posted October 31, 2005
Deleted: My daughter and I had many bad experience at this school. We ended up pulling her out of this school 2 months into her 6th grade year. The school says they have a no tolerance policy. In fact they tolerate all kinds of behaiver and then try to blame it on your child. According to them It was my daughters fault she was pushed down a flight of stairs. I have talked to a number of parents who have taken their children out of this school because of this same type of problem.

Posted February 02, 2004
As a parent of two former students who attended North Middle School, I honestly have to say they did and excellent job on preparing my students for the High School years. The school did a tremendous job of supporting me and my students as I was a single parent. My students were never made to feel out of place, something greatly appreciated!

Dakota Middle School - 31
615 Columbus St, Rapid City, SD  57701
Last modified Dakota Middle School - 31 is a Public school that serves grades 6-8
Dakota Middle School - 31 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top