Bad
Good

I am a college student now, and I feel like Central didn't prepare me in other ways that my peers have come in from other schools. However- Your child who doesn't have a computer class, by time they reach graduation they need at least 1 credit 2 classes of computer studies). I personally took mine junior year. And with all do respect - being in college internet and computer learning are very distant learning tasks. Are you encouraging your child to me distant from teacher student interaction? I thought that the interaction that I got with all the teachers was what made me successful thus far. And as far as sports regarding the other review. Central has very competitive sports. Why would we let anyone play? Doesn't that take the fundamental essence of competitiveness out of sports? I agree Central should implicate intramural sports, for those who want to play.

My child is in tenth and does not have a computer class. NONE of her teachers assign studies that require the use of a computer! This automatically creates a rock in the road to college success, career success and a successful, happy life. These students will be at the bottom of class starting college. I don't understand why a teacher would not assign studies requiring the use of computers. And I am also holding CHS administration responsible for not requiring students to be educated in the most basic and fundimental skill required to even function in the world. It is arrogantly irresponsible.

Central has a fantastic music and theatre program; however it is overlooked and often neglected. Its teachers are average depending on which ones you re comparing. The over population is unbearable, and students are often treated differently depending on who they are, by the security staff. The school doesn't have nearly enough resourses to accomidate its students, causing a difficult work enviroment for everyone. A large portion of the schools money is going to places it doesnt need to be making such departments, for example the music department, suffer. I attend Central, and I believe it has the potential of being a wonderful school. All thats needed now is for the school board and the community to stop putting off our problems, and do something.

i give it an average because the teachers are the best but the students are disrespectful to the teachers and there is no disaplin to those students

I beleive that there are very good teachers at Central. My concern is that there may be way to many children that attend. I also am disapointed in the athletic dept. I feel that everyone who trys out should get a shot.

This is a wonderful school. I have never been to a school that has such an advanced theatre department and so welcoming.

I loved this school i had to move away from it though due to my mother. i would reccomend this school to anyone moving to rapid city. the best teacher i think there is Nick Palmer he teaches 9th and 10th grade english

Music programs are good and the quality of academic programs is also good.

Last modified Central High School - 41 is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.