Posted April 29, 2014
After starting off rough in kindergarten, partly my child's immaturity, partly an inexperienced, impatient teacher, I couldn't be happier with this school. I was able to have as much face to face with the principal as I could possible want. Not to mention the principal is AMAZING! She is so friendly and easy going, plus has the knowledge to back it up. I am able to volunteer in my child's classroom this year and am blown away every time at how fantastic his teacher (and all the other staff and volunteers I have met) is! She mixes learning with fun and has that special ability to get the kids interested and keep them working. I am so happy with Wilson and am happy it is where my child ended up. Looking forward to more great years there!

Posted October 24, 2008
I have 2 children who currently attend Wilson, (my oldest is now in middle school but attended Wilson for 3 years). We could not be happier with the teachers, administration and the diverse student population. Wilson is one of the last true 'neighborhood' schools. The atmosphere is almost family like. Neither the teachers nor the administration tolerate exclusionary practices by students , parents or staff. My children have learned to appreciate different cultures and have thrived in their academic pursuits. The PTA is also very active. Just an all around fabulous school.

Posted April 19, 2008
I have had an opportunity to volunteer at Wilson and find the atmosphere to be very condusive to learning. The respect of teachers for teachers, teachers for students, parents for teachers and the reverse of each of these is very obvious. It makes you want to come back each day and be a part of the atmosphere.

Posted August 18, 2005
Wilson is an excellent school. The teachers and principal go out of there way to help your child out.

Posted November 12, 2004
Wilson is a great school. Multi-cultural, good teachers, active PTA, lots of extra activities.

Woodrow Wilson Elementary - 17
827 Franklin, Rapid City, SD  57701
Last modified Woodrow Wilson Elementary - 17 is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodrow Wilson Elementary - 17 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top