Pinedale Elementary - 11 4

Posted August 27, 2014
The teachers, office staff, principle and PTA at Pinedale are fabulous! Our 2 kids attended Pinedale for 4 years and almost all of the teachers they had were engaged, caring and communicated well with us. The principle truly understands kids, especially boys, and is fair in his dealings with them. However, there are a couple of things this school and/or district can improve upon. First, kids who are performing at or above the "proficient" level are not regularly challenged to achieve to their best abilities. Virtually all extra resources (parent classroom helpers included) are channeled to the kids who are falling behind. Additionally, the Rapid City Area School District doesn't even begin to provide special services to gifted learners until grade 7. A little attention to this group of children would go so far for them in their love of learning and probably reduce boredom associated behavior problems. At the time of my review this school was only ranked "average" on the national level and that was evident in the services not provided to our children. Overall I would recommend this school if you live in Rapid City.

Posted September 19, 2009

Posted March 24, 2009
We had five children who attended schools all over the nation because we were in the military. Pinedale elementary is our favorite school any of our children have ever attended, and a lot of those were really good schools.

Posted January 23, 2009
This preschool is the best in Rapid as far as I'm concerned! My daughter demonstartes so much leadership and she's learned so much from Miss Holli!

Posted July 31, 2006
My daughter just finished her last year at Pinedale and my son still attends. I can't sing enough praise for Pinedale. The teachers are outstanding, teaching methods are current, learning expectations are high and the principal (Mr. Zimiga) is very involved. His involvment affords him the ability to guide, encourage and discipline when needed. I believe this school is one of Rapid City's finest.

Pinedale Elementary - 11 4

Posted December 10, 2005
Excellent school with great teachers and activities for children

Posted November 18, 2003
I am about to complete my career as a 'Pinedale Parent' this year. Based on the past seven years, I am continually impressed with the achievement, parent involvement, and overall stimulation of students. My only hesitation is in the area of playground bullying -- I know the staff can't be everywhere, and bullies will indeed exist -- but the same kids exhibit the same bullying behaviors every year.

Pinedale Elementary - 11
4901 West Chicago St, Rapid City, SD  57702
Last modified Pinedale Elementary - 11 is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinedale Elementary - 11 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top