Posted September 30, 2009
I am proud to say I have had 4 children complete school at Horace Mann and they have all enjoyed it very much. The oldest is studying to be a veterinarian, my oldest son works with disabled children, as well as accounting. They often credit Mr Rose and other teachers as their inspiration. Currently my youngest loves to go to class thanks to the caring people. Mr Janklow is an amazing principal.

Horace Mann Elementary - 07 5

Posted November 10, 2008
Everyone at this school is so helpful and the children are so nice. It's in a great neighbor hood and my little guy thinks it's the best recess yard he's ever played in

Posted February 21, 2008
I was a parent of 3 children that were in the past attending Horacemann. I felt that the school often enabled children to act badly with very little consequences. I made the effort to transfer my children to a school that I felt would be a better influence for my children. I was saddened to learn that my son who was in 4th grade tested to have a kindergarden reading level. Within 1 year at this new school my son had a 101 percent turn around towards school and learning and moved up to a 3rd grade reading level. I have to agree that I was very disappointed that Horace Manns educational standards are very low compared to other schools in the city.

Posted January 12, 2008
I taught at Horace Mann for four years and I must say that at that point we were all very dedicated to our students. We were on school improvement and had a great team to lead the students into higher achievement. I miss working with the students and professionals there.

Horace Mann Elementary - 07 2

Posted July 20, 2007
My son will be heading into the 4th grade. His class has not had to learn to spell or write cursive. It appears this school is behind the educational curb. I am disappointed with the school's educational standards and would remove my son from the school.

Horace Mann Elementary - 07 4

Posted July 19, 2007
My son has only attended kindergarten so far. I was really impressed with his teacher and the attention she gave to each student. He got a lot out of the year and I'm hoping next year goes as well.

Horace Mann Elementary - 07
902 Anamosa St, Rapid City, SD  57701
Last modified Horace Mann Elementary - 07 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horace Mann Elementary - 07 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top