Bad
Good

I believe the school has many great teachers that provide tools for children to excel academically! I also think the multi-age program is a great option for certain children to become leaders and thrive academically.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have amazing teachers who will truly do anything to help their students in everyway, in or outside of school

Develops character: Strongly agree

Rapid Valley is a Leader in Me school. The students are taught to be leaders and to care for their school and fellow students

The staff are amazing, the teachers will bend over backwards to help their students as well as the parents. They cater to all levels of learning. RV has a wonderful PTA that go out of their way to help in everyway needed. I am so glad this is the school my son gets to spend his first 6 years at, he's half way through those years and has a love for learning that grows every year.

I would like to comment on the early dismissal times. It may seem as though students are getting less classroom time, but the total weekly instructional time is the same as for other Rapid City schools. The difference is that Rapid Valley has longer school days on the other four school days, going to school earlier and dismissing later than schools that do not have early release on Wednesdays.

I have to say I am pleased (so far) with my daughters education at Rapid Valley. She is excelling in all her studies. She is in 1st grade. I do think that the early dismissal on Wednesday is a bit ridiculous. I hope that she will continue to excel, but if she doesn't that is when I will take a closer look at the school, because we go above and beyond at home.

I do have to agree with the other parents. I think that Rapid Valley really needs to take a look at what they are teaching compared to the other schools. Also having school get out early on Wednesday is a really bad thing, our children need to have the same chance as the other schools and without the same schedule that is not happening.

Having Twins going too this school, I can really tell that some of the teachers are lacking the quility that some of the other kids are getting. It's just the luck of the draw, if you get a good teacher or not... One Twin always gets a good teacher and the other one well, not so much... Last Year I went to the pricipal for help with the one twins needs and she told me if I have a problem with one of her teachers, I can go to the teacher direct, I know I do not want any unsatisfied parents going into the classroom while my child is in class. You will not find teachers at the school after the kids are gone. It seems that they can not wait to rush them out the back doors....

Last modified Rapid Valley Elementary - 12 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.