Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 04, 2015
We have amazing teachers who will truly do anything to help their students in everyway, in or outside of school

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 04, 2015
The students learn from what they are greeted with - the staff on all levels show compassion and caring

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 04, 2015
Rapid Valley is a Leader in Me school. The students are taught to be leaders and to care for their school and fellow students

Rapid Valley Elementary - 12 5

Posted November 04, 2015
The staff are amazing, the teachers will bend over backwards to help their students as well as the parents. They cater to all levels of learning. RV has a wonderful PTA that go out of their way to help in everyway needed. I am so glad this is the school my son gets to spend his first 6 years at, he's half way through those years and has a love for learning that grows every year.

Posted March 28, 2010
I would like to comment on the early dismissal times. It may seem as though students are getting less classroom time, but the total weekly instructional time is the same as for other Rapid City schools. The difference is that Rapid Valley has longer school days on the other four school days, going to school earlier and dismissing later than schools that do not have early release on Wednesdays.

Posted November 12, 2009
I have to say I am pleased (so far) with my daughters education at Rapid Valley. She is excelling in all her studies. She is in 1st grade. I do think that the early dismissal on Wednesday is a bit ridiculous. I hope that she will continue to excel, but if she doesn't that is when I will take a closer look at the school, because we go above and beyond at home.

Rapid Valley Elementary - 12 2

Posted November 23, 2008
I do have to agree with the other parents. I think that Rapid Valley really needs to take a look at what they are teaching compared to the other schools. Also having school get out early on Wednesday is a really bad thing, our children need to have the same chance as the other schools and without the same schedule that is not happening.

Posted August 13, 2008
Having Twins going too this school, I can really tell that some of the teachers are lacking the quility that some of the other kids are getting. It's just the luck of the draw, if you get a good teacher or not... One Twin always gets a good teacher and the other one well, not so much... Last Year I went to the pricipal for help with the one twins needs and she told me if I have a problem with one of her teachers, I can go to the teacher direct, I know I do not want any unsatisfied parents going into the classroom while my child is in class. You will not find teachers at the school after the kids are gone. It seems that they can not wait to rush them out the back doors....

Rapid Valley Elementary - 12 3

Posted April 12, 2006
I think the class size is rediculous in this school. 25 in a Kindergarten class is too many. Only having school until 12:10 on Wednesdays is putting the teachers priorities before the students. If we want these kids to be adequate to the rest of the students in America, they need to have school 8-3 Mon-Fri. I like the teachers I have met in this school. I am just not sure about the scheduling and class size.

Rapid Valley Elementary - 12 2

Posted December 13, 2005
I have 3 grandchildren in this school. None are getting the education that I believe they should be. One is in grade five and can't read or do math. One is in 3rd grade and is failing. They are both very smart children. Something is wrong! We can't afford a tutor and don't know where else to turn for help. We help with homework every night and they 'get' it at home. Where does the parent's responsibility end and the teacher's begin?? I am bewildered that the quality of education is so poor that at this school there are children being passed from one grade to the next without the knowledge that they need. Investigative math and no phonics - what is that? I am disappointed greatly in Rapid Valley Elementary School!

2601 Covington St, Rapid City, SD  57701
Last modified Rapid Valley Elementary - 12 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.