Bad
Good

My child is entering his second year at this school. His first year went extremely well and I felt that the teachers and staff at the school were excellent. My ONLY complaint was that there could have been slightly more communication directly between his teacher and myself; however, she has a lot to deal with when trying to teach a room full of students.

The Principal is an outgoing person that makes the students feels friendly-too bad the majority of the teachers are truly incompetent. There is a constant rotation of staff into and out of the classes, and the lack of continuity definitely affects the kids. As well, last year I volunteered in my childs classroom, just so I could stay informed of what was happening to him (the previous year, the teacher had put my child into a remedial reading class without notifying me...he's an advanced reader. The reading teacher had marked the wrong reading level at the top of his test...and although it was marked correctly throughout, she never bothered to actually look at more than the top 1" of the page). Even though I was in the room, the teacher made blatantly condescending remarks to some of the less-advanced kids. This year, when I offered to volunteer, the teacher told me he doesn't like parents in his classroom. DO NOT BRING YOUR KIDS HERE. Oh, and when I went to the Principal and talked to him about my experience with the horrible teacher he said "Not every teacher can be good. Sometimes, you just have to deal with it until the the next year". Fabulous.

Everyone at this school is great! they have made my children and my family feel welcom and like part of their family. I have seen everyone help Student here from the principle to the janitors. They truly care about their students and their educations! Thank you to all the staff you are making a difference in so many young lives!

Last modified Valley View Elementary - 13 is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.