Sioux Falls, SD

Posted October 24, 2010
We have open enrolled our forth and second grade girls at this school. We appreciate the diversity the school represents, as well as the quality education. They are happy, well adjusted ladies who are leaders in their school and in our community.

Posted November 19, 2009

Terry Redlin Elementary - 11 2

Posted March 27, 2008

Terry Redlin Elementary - 11 1

Posted May 13, 2004
I am a parent of a kindergarten child. The teachers have discouraged me from visiting my child in the classroom. They give various reasons such as I won't help out in the 'appropriate' manner, I'll be a distraction to other students, my visits will make other parents might want to come also and this could be a problem to their children, etc. When I press the issue, they will only allow me to visit with prior notification and only 1 to 1 1/2 hours at a time. They discipline the children at every turn, and feel this prevents them from getting into more serious issues in the future. They allow 10 to 13 minutes for lunch, and punish the children when they talk too loud by standing them up against a wall at recess. The principal is an ex military man and runs the school in that manner. Terrible!

Terry Redlin Elementary - 11 1

Posted May 11, 2004
Any effort of parents involvement is knocked down by teachers and the principal. Children are disciplined for no reasons on a regular basis. Stalin type of ruling is enforced rather than concentrating on educational development of the child as state averages indicate the school is way below aberage. Most employees are armed with a prison guard attitude rather than an intellectual one.

Posted April 25, 2004
This is a very nice school, with a wonderful PTA, and a principal who came in and helped with the moral of the staff, and also with discipline problems. We will be starting with a new principal in the fall, and hopefully things will remain positive and we will keep going forward.

Posted December 11, 2003
Terry Redlin Elementary school is a fine school for children to attend. With new principal leadership, the school is definately making a rebound. If you want your child to have a well-rounded education with spectacular teachers and a first hand experience with diversity, this school is for you!

Terry Redlin Elementary - 11
1721 East Austin St, Sioux Falls, SD  57103
Last modified Terry Redlin Elementary - 11 is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terry Redlin Elementary - 11 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top