Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I sent my needs son there a year , he was crying a ruffled up everyday when I arrived when I enrolled him they assured me it was not going to be like that, he was picked on beat up and teased by other kids and I brought it to attention of the teacher she blew me off so I went to the principal 3 times and was once actually told it was good for him it'd make him "fit in" it absolutely ruined his and my view on public special ed and if I even mention school now he panics then I pulled him from school and they threatened to report me for taking him out of school he had bruises nightmares and wet the bed and stopped trying to talk altogether then they harassed me for months over scholar lunches and things that weren't relevant because he was no longer in school there!. . . I wish I could give it -50 stars what a nightmare

my school is awsome because they are nice and try very hard to improve our learning skills !!!!!! :)

This is one of the WORST schools I have ever sent my child to. The test scores are probably so high because the curriculum is so elementary (they were teaching things in the first grade that my daughter learned in pre-k at a school in Wisconsin). My daughter, who has an IQ of 150, was said to be "average" by the teacher, and was not allowed to take the test for TAG because the teacher did not think that she was in the 97th percentile. I tested her privately and turns out she was in the 99.9 percentile. I pulled her out of this school, and I enrolled her in the 2nd grade at Challenge Center (so she skipped first grade). I am disgusted that the school would not give my child the enrichment that she needed and that I begged them for. I am disgusted that they brushed her off as "average "without testing her. In cases like this, only the child suffers. They do not understand progressive learning; they seem to assume that all children are the same and learn in the same capacity, which they do not. Library books were censored. They reward with candy. If you are moving to Sioux Falls from out-of-state, do not be fooled by the GreatSchools Ratings. The name should be called Harvey Dumb.

Excellent teachers with great teacher - student interactions. transferred my son here from a private school in Sioux Falls.. He hated going to his former school. He enjoys going to Harvey Dunn school and we have no problems getting him up for school. He is excelling in his studies! The principle has strong leadership skills and she is great to work with.

I just finished 6 years of school at Harvey Dunn, and I loved all the teachers. Counseling there helped a lot with family and friend troubles, and there were no bullying issues at all. The teacher were always making sure their students were happy, and they would not give up on any kid that did not get average. Band, and orchestra was fantastic, they have a great system. I loved the principal, she was very kind and smart. There are lots of fun things and activities to do at Harvey Dunn. Love it!

I have put 5 children through this school and find it EXCEPTIONAL! The teachers are amazing and when my last child moved on I cried!! When we moved I made sure we could open enroll here as I knew I did not want my children anywhere else! Thank you for 14 years of excellence!

I had two children attend Harvey Dunn and the experience was exceptional. The teachers, principal and parent involvement make this school stand-out in performance. Having the Community Center on the same site is a tremendous benefit to the children.

The dedication of the parents and teachers to the school and school children is amazing!

the teachers and administrators at Harvey Dunn are exceptional.

We also open enrolled for the first time and our daughter excelled. Wonderful teachers :) thank you

Last modified Harvey Dunn Elementary - 54 is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.