Brown High School - 01 1

Posted January 01, 2014
The school requires more credits then the state, teachers are not capable of helping their students to learn the new Core Curriculum, administration isn't proactive about releasing students do to weather conditions, Ag Classes are being phases out and money from the Ag students fundraising efforts aren't being used for their program, teachers aren't tolerant of the Ag Students and their travel schedule for the program when they are competing at a National Level and setting an excellent example for their school. I am very disappointed with how things are handled and the personal contact with the students and teachers.

Brown High School - 01 3

Posted December 18, 2010
The school and principal involvement is not so great. Not enough help is being provided to the students in the school with the subjects they have difficulties with.

Brown High School - 01 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The office & teaching staff have been amazing...the communication between them and parents in uncomparable and I really feel they do care about their students.

Brown High School - 01 4

Posted September 11, 2008
i'm a student at sturgis brown high, and i love the teachers and the flexibility. i also have a part-time job and am able keep up in my studies. i find it easier to learn in a comfortable environment, and sturgis has given me just that. we are still in the old days of teacher-student learning, but it is all the better.

Brown High School - 01 3

Posted May 21, 2007
- a former student

Brown High School - 01 5

Posted November 12, 2004
I am the Marine Instructor with the Marine Corps JROTC at Sturgis Brown High School. I started teaching during the 2003-2004 school year. I moved my family from the Kansas City area to accept my current position. I had never even visited the state of South Dakota prior to my interview for my current position. I quickly realized that the Black Hills of South Dakota is a diamond in the rough. Sturgis is a typical small town and Sturgis Brown High School is a wonderful place to educate a young adult. The cadets of the Marine Corps JROTC program are some of the best students at Sturgis Brown High School. These kids really care! My perceptions of the other students at Sturgis Brown High School are quite positive. All in all, it's a real pleasure to be around and teach the leaders of tomorrow at Sturgis Brown High School.

Brown High School - 01
12930 East Hwy 34, Sturgis, SD  57785
Last modified Brown High School - 01 is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown High School - 01 Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top