Mckinley Elementary - 06 2

Posted October 14, 2014
We moved here from out of state, so I expected there to be differences and adjustment needed. But my kids went from loving school to begging not to go in 2 months. My twins have an IEP and the teachers won't slow things down for them. I don't mean that I expect them to slow the whole class down all the time. But when my kids need to have a spelling word repeated once or twice during spelling tests, I would expect the teacher to do so. They refuse to do such things. It almost seems as though kids with an IEP aren't really welcome in the classes. At least that's how my twins feel. My Kindergartner is struggling because of pent up energy- they don't have recess because "kindergartners have too much work for recess. But they go to PE 3 times a week." We WILL NOT send our kids to a Watertown District school next year- we will homeschool. If we could manage it, they would have been pulled already.

Mckinley Elementary - 06 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My sons have gone to McKinley and they got a terrific education with wonderful, innovative teachers. I would love to see them get this.

Mckinley Elementary - 06 5

Posted May 03, 2007

Mckinley Elementary - 06 5

Posted November 06, 2006
Proud to have had our Daughters begin their education there. New Principal D. Stacey is doing a wonderful job and were all looking for the completion of the addition to the school.

Mckinley Elementary - 06
5 12th St SW, Watertown, SD  57201
Last modified Mckinley Elementary - 06 is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckinley Elementary - 06 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top