9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I will base this review off of their purpose and overall education. The purpose of the school is to teach its students about their Savior. It is included in every classroom and reinforced in chapel every day. When I went to school there the education was slightly above average, but it has now declined to mediocre at best. There are very few electives to choose from and the only AP class offered is Calculus. It really put me behind when I graduated and for how much the school costs; you should be able to get an excellent education. This school also failed in preparing me for college in the aspects of paper writing, organizing my time and even using a library. I would like to say that the Spanish program is probably one of the best in the state. I studied Spanish in college and I was far ahead of all of my other classmates. The school also has improved since they have gotten a new principal and reorganized how the school is run. Since God is the most important thing in life, I am glad that I attended this school; however the educational quality of this school needs to greatly improve before I would consider sending my children to this school in the future.

the school is great one of the best in south dakota great teachers and classes but the dorms arent very good they are in good condition and everything but the tutors in charge of the dorms pretty much banned having fun at all no tv no videos games you cant leave all you can do is have fun with your friends which is great but there is no alone time!! youre always with someonelike it or not most students done like the dorms because the tutors are jerks about everything and are not helpfull 'the school is great though if you live in the area'

The education i recieved at Great Plains exceeds much of the education given to my new peers at SDSU. I feel more adequately prepared and have found the transition into college a comfortable one. The faculty genuinely cares about ones maturity concerning faith, academics, and social being. Great Plains taught me discipline, diligence, and above all it taught me to stay strong to my faith

the teachers are always willing to help. You are known here even if you aren't popular

Last modified Great Plains Lutheran High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12