Home > Learning Difficulties > Special Education Community

Where can I get help for my son in West Virginia


CassyGator June 3, 2013

Hello, I am moving to West Virginia and am wondering where are the best sources for testing, help etc. for my son who is eight and diagnosed here in Las Cruces, N.M. with L.D. He is also diagnosed with A.D.D. I really don't like the schools here in my area or the services for children like my son. I am hoping it will be better in West Virginia. I'm moving closer to my sister so he has more family close by. My mother will be teaching there as well. I want to have Jordan tested again as well as have his health looked into. He is eight and the size of a six year old. His speech and size have others thinking he is much younger and he gets babied because of it. He really doesn't like being treated like a baby. I just want to be able to offer him the best I can to help him feel good and independent. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Also my son has been tested most of his life and I still haven't had any solid answers about his size. He was just barely diagnosed with L.D. this year and I believe he has dyslexia like most of my siblings and I.

Post a reply
Facebook  Digg 
There are no replies yet to this conversation. Be the first to post a reply!

Search Community