Research Trends: LD From the Inside - Children's Voices on the Internet
Page 5 of 5
By Marshall Raskind, Ph.D.
- Bargh, J. A., & McKenna, K.Y.A. The Internet and Social Life. Annual Review in Psychology, 55.
- McKenna, K.Y.A., et al. Relationship Formation on the Internet: What's the Big Attraction? Journal of Social Issues, 58.
- Raskind, M. H., Margalit, M., & Higgins, E.L. "My LD": Children's Voices on the Internet. Learning Disability Quarterly, 29.
- Alvermann, D. E. Media, Information Communication Technologies, and Youth Literacies: A Cultural Studies Perspective. The American Behavioral Scientist, 48(1).
- Bucholtz, M. Youth and Cultural Practice. Annual Review of Anthropology, 31.
- Margalit, M., & Ziman, T. Virtual Friendship Comparisons of E-messages Between Students with and without LD. Unpublished research report, School of Education, Tel-Aviv University, 2004.
- Elbaum, B., & Vaughn, S. Self-Concept and Students with Learning DIsabilities. In H. L. Swanson, et al. (Eds.), The Handbook of Learning Disabilities. Guilford Press, 2003.
- Huntington, D.D., & Bender, W. N. Adolescence with Learning Disabilities at Risk? Emotional Well-being , Depression, Suicide. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 26.
- Margalit, M. Loneliness and Coherence among Preschool Children with Learning Disabilities. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 31(2).
- Margalit, M., & Al-Yagon, M. The Loneliness Experience of Children with Learning Disabilities. In B.Y.L. Wong & M. Donahue (Eds)., The Social DImensions of Learning Disabilities. Lawrence Erlbaum, 2002.
- Margalit, M., & Zak, I. Anxiety and Self-Concept of Learning Disabled Children. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 17.
- Raskind, M. H., et al. Patterns of Change and Predictors of Success in Individuals with Learning Disabilities: Results from a Twenty-year Longitudinal Study. Learning Disabilities Research and Practice, 14(1).
- Reiff, H. B., et al. Exceeding Expectations: Successful Aadults with Learning Disabilities. Pro-Ed, 1997.
- Kavale, K. A., & Forness, S. R. Social Skill Deficits and Training: A Meta-analysis of the Research in Learning Disabilities. Advances in Learning and Behavioral Disabilities, 1995.
- Swanson, H. L., et al. Interventions for Students with Learning Disabilities: A Meta-analysis of Treatment Outcomes. Guilford Press, 1999.
- Swanson, H. L., & Keogh, B. Learning Disabilities: Theoretical and Research Issues. Lawrence Erlbaum, 1990.
- Vaughn, S., et al. Social Outcomes for Students with and without Learning DIsabilities in Inclusive Classrooms. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 31(5).
- Albinger, P. Stories from the Resource Room: Piano Lessons, Imaginary Illness and Broken-down Cars. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 28(10).
- Guterman, B. R. The Validity of Learning Disabilities Categorical Services: The Consumer's View. Exceptional Children, 62.
- Reid, D. K., & Button, L. J. Anna's Story: Narratives of Personal Experience about Being Labeled Learning Disabled. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 28(10).
- Goldberg, R. J., et al. Predictors of Success in Individuals with Learning Disabilities: A Qualitative Analysis of a 20-year Longitudinal Study. Learning Disabilities Research and Practice, 18(4).
- McNulty, M. A. Dyslexia and the Life Course. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 36(4).
- Rodis, P., Garrod, A., & Boscardin, M. L. Learning disabilities and Life Stories. Allyn & Bacon, 2001.
- Wambsgan, D. T. Being Successful with Dyslexia. Journal of Learning Disabilities, 23(1).
- Stone, C. A. The Role of Social Support and Congruency of Perspectives in Moderating Threats to Self-Concept in High-functioning Adolescents with Learning Disabilities: A Preliminary Report. Thalamus, 22(1).
- Werner, E. E. Risk and Resilience in Individuals with Learning Disabilities: Lessons Learned from the Kauai Longitudinal Study. Learning Disabilities Research & Practice, 8.