By GreatSchools Staff
To ring in the new year, we're highlighting some of our most popular stories from 2012 — on subjects as diverse as R-rated movies, violent kids' lit, exotic school lunches, and hot education trends. Here's our top ten:
• Is your child gifted?
• The R-rated movie every child should see
• What the experts want your child to read
• My boy is brilliant. So why is he failing?
• How the “silent killer” affects kids
• 26 school lunches from around the world
• The second language every child should learn
• Strict, loose, or in between: What's your parenting style?
• Is new children's lit too violent, or is all reading good reading?
• Weighty issues: the big problem no parent wants to discuss
Sign up for our free newsletter and we'll send you
more just like it every week.
Thank you! You will begin to receive newsletters from us shortly.
Thanks for verifying your updated email address.
Oops! That email verification link has expired. Please click the button below to receive a new one.
Create an account to submit your answers.
Sign in with an existing GreatSchools account or using Facebook:
Your review has been posted to GreatSchools.
Share with friends! Post your opinion of on Facebook.
Welcome to GreatSchools!
Thank you for registering as a school leader. We just need to verify your email address. We've sent you an email - please click on the link in that message to get started editing your school's information!
Thanks! We just sent you an email – please click on the link in the email to post your answers.
Get timely updates for , including performance data and recently posted user reviews.