By Hank Pellissier
How do you assess whether online learning is right for your children? By starting with the basics — how happy they are in traditional schools and how comfortable they are using technology — these seven pointers can help you as you think about making the switch.
1. Are your children happy, successful learners in traditional school settings?
2. If not, ask them why.
3. Do they like computers and electronic interaction?
4. Can your kids maintain a vibrant social life if they're not at a traditional school?
5. Explain to your children that online learning demands self-motivation. If they resist this, don't pursue it.
6. Have your children try out some online education study samples to see if they enjoy studying online. Many cyber-schools offer lesson demos. Here's one.
7. Examine all the e-learning options carefully. Is there one that is ideal for your kids' specific needs?
Sign up for our newsletter and we'll send you more
insights to help you help your child succeed.
Thank you! You will begin to receive newsletters from us shortly.
Thanks for verifying your updated email address.
Oops! That email verification link has expired. Please click the button below to receive a new one.
Create an account to submit your answers.
Sign in with an existing GreatSchools account or using Facebook:
Your review has been posted to GreatSchools.
Share with friends! Post your opinion of on Facebook.
Welcome to GreatSchools!
Thanks! We just sent you an email – please click on the link in the email to post your answers.
Get timely updates for , including performance data and recently posted user reviews.