Antioch High School 5

Posted December 09, 2014
Antioch high school is one of the best schools out there . In 2014 antioch was rewarded as a "Reward high school ". Antioch has improved their test scores by 20% over 10 years . The act average for the school is a 21 . Antioch is stilling developing and is starting IBO LEAGUE program that gives you international college credit .

Antioch High School 3

Posted November 18, 2014
I have mixed feelings about the school. There is great academic progress being made however a few priorities need to be put in check. Too much fuss about dress code violations. I understand if it's completely inappropriate but if it's a different color then that's just ridiculous. Many other bad things take place around the school yet there's always a big fuss about dress code.. Also, this past week, there have been FIVE food fights. How do you let a food fight happen everyday and not do much about it yet you seem to catch everyone out of dress code? Really? I don't mean to seem rude but come on now. This isn't a bad place at all. It's just the number of people that don't want to be here outweigh those that do. Most of the teachers I've encounterd are AMAZING people it just takes time to get to know them. They are definitely unappreciated and a little thank you here and there is always nice. Rant over :)

Antioch High School 4

Posted July 22, 2014
This school just gained an amazing Associate Director of Bands in Chris Janowiak. He is a gift to students, passionate about band and choir and all things musical. Most importantly he cares deeply about his students and creates life long relationships that stress the importance of academic success as well as musical excellence. He builds character with students and cares deeply about them on a personal level as well. Get ready Antioch! You will love him! Mattawan Consolidated Schools in Michigan, well, we will miss him!

Posted June 22, 2014
This school is completely terrible. If you think otherwise your standards for education are lower than the students' GPA's.

Antioch High School 4

Posted January 15, 2014
I'm a teacher and a parent, although my son is not yet in high school. If you're reading this, I will speak to you as though I'm a parent, yet someone on the 'inside'. I've been teaching here several years and finally feel like all of the right decisions have been made in the past 2 years to make this school as good as it's ever been, although I've not always felt that way. We have great... caring administrators who often balance a fine line between keeping kids in school, yet making decisions of alternative plans for those students who create an undesirable learning atmosphere for those who want to learn. I can only speak to my perceptions, obviously, but am surprised that this school is not rated higher than a 4. I believe we have an awesome faculty who all have huge hearts and try to bend over backwards for our students. The school does have temperature extremes, but most students roll with it and are prepared with layers when necessary. Yes, they hate dress code, but why change something that is working for our improvement? The school is improving GREATLY every year thanks to dedicated staff and administrators that recognize that "good-enough" can be continuously improved.

Antioch High School 2

Posted June 16, 2013
This school is unacceptable. This year, in my academy, only 20% of the senior graduated. The lady at the front office, whose job is to help students is incredibly rude. They care about dress code more than their students learning experiences. School starts at 7:15am, but the don't open the doors until 6:50am. Not only is the ridiculously early, but students can't enter and go to class and eat breakfast and do homework until less than 30mins before they're supposed to be in class. They make students create their own schedules for the next school year in class, which would be nice except for they figured out a way to ruin that to. We had about 15 minutes to do something that needs at least 30 minutes. I had questions about what classes I needed and no one would answer them. Also, this school is COLD. That might not seem important, but when you sit it in 7 hours a day for an entire school year, it's terrible. I couldn't focus on work because I was freezing, even with a thick jacket on. The teachers are actually mostly very good, but too many don't even have lesson plans for the year. This school pretty much wasted my Junior year of high school. DO NOT GO HERE.

Posted April 16, 2013
Antioch High School does have unruly classrooms, my son was at Antioch last year. He could not learn in the classrooms because the teachers could not discipline the children in the classrooms. Teachers were not able to get the students to be quite enough so that they could teach class. In other classes the teachers were not even willing to teach. Principals played favorites with disciplinary actions towards students. I would put my son in a private school if I could afford to do so. My son is a very intellectual person but was not stimulated in any of his classrooms.

Antioch High School 3

Posted April 15, 2013
In response to the last poster...I have been at AHS for over 10 years. The teachers are not afraid of the students, there is no general unruliness in the classrooms, and no one has been SHOT at school since I've been here. Not sure what this person is talking about. The biggest problem at AHS and virtually all urban schools...lack of parent/community support. If there is no involvement on the part of the parents there is going to be no value put on education by the students. I have no idea why we have parent/teacher conferences because no one shows up. This school has a very good faculty and this faculty has made AHS as good as it can be without help from the parents/community.

Posted August 29, 2011
Are you kidding me? The school can't even supply books to the students, or afford to make copies of papers for the classes for the student to have their own copy. The teachers are too afraid of the students to do anything about the unruliness in the classrooms. I have been there and here students yelling obscenities down the hallway at each other, while the teachers stand by like this is commonplace and nothing wrong with it. One student was shot last year. I know at least one was beat down so badly at school an ambulance had to be called. This is ridiculous!

Antioch High School 5

Posted May 25, 2011
I have taught at Antioch High School for four years, and I think it is one of the best schools in Nashville. We have a wonderful faculty who truly care about the students and the quality of instruction they deliver. Our faculty is continually striving for improvement and is always willing to do whatever is necessary to improve student learning and increase student involvement. Antioch is one of only TWO schools in Nashville which passed federal benchmarkc assessments for NCLB guidelines. Antioch not only met the standards, but far surpassed many of the objectives set by NCLB. It is truly an honor and pleasure to work in an environment which fosters cooperation among faculty, administration, and students.

Antioch High School
1900 Hobson Pk, Antioch, TN  37013
Last modified Antioch High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Antioch High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top