PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Ezell-Harding Christian School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 03, 2016
Thank you, Dr. Rummage, for all you have done and continue to do for Ezell Harding!

Ezell-Harding Christian School 4

Posted January 03, 2016
Ezell Harding is a game-changer! Our daughters benefitted from Ezell’s small classrooms and big family! The teachers from Pre-K through 12th grade really get to know their students…you will see one teacher celebrate a student’s individual accomplishments and another will be reaching out to help a student who is struggling. The academic and athletic opportunities rival those of a much larger public school and the Christian foundation prepares Ezell students for a life of compassion and commitment to God.

Posted October 02, 2015
I can only give my opinion based on my experience with the school. I homeschooled all my children until high school, at which time we decided they needed some more formal schooling. Ezell-Harding was a very positive experience for all my children. My youngest child deals with high functioning autism, and every effort was made to accommodate his needs. I found the teachers loving and hard working. My children graduated in 2013, 2014, and 2015. All my children scored well on their ACTs,. None of my children have had any problems adjusting to college life. In fact, they often remark on their amazement at the ignorance shown by some of their college classmates. My middle child won a full tuition scholarship to the school of her choice. I know that I am a pushy mom who wasn't afraid to contact a teacher if there was a problem, and I never had one treat me with anything but kindness and respect. I will speak well of the school to anyone who asks because our overall experience has been good.

Posted August 13, 2015
As we start our 10th year at Ezell Harding Christian School, my husband and I continue to be thankful that we chose EHCS for our children's educational experience. We have two children at EHCS, one in the high school and one in the middle school, with very different learning styles and each has been challenged academically and helped when needed. We have found the school environment and curriculum to be engaging, supportive and challenging. The small class sizes provide our children with an intimate setting to fully participate and learn in a Christian environment. The faculty and staff are amazing and they know our children individually and care about their academic and spiritual development. Ezell Harding is a truly special place and we could not be happier with our experience there.

Posted July 24, 2015
I have a daughter who started Ezell as a kindergartner and now is beginning her senior year. Her 12 years there have probably been the best educational decision my husband and I made. She has had more opportunities than I believe she could have had at any public school (travel abroad, playing varsity sports, attending Girls State, doing mission and service work, etc.), and her level of college preparedness is outstanding. I appreciate the focus on academics as well as spiritual growth that this school offers. Bar none, this is the best school in Nashville.

Posted July 23, 2015
I have two daughters that attend EHCS. One is going into kindergarten and the other into 3rd grade. They have been at EHCS for the last two years and have had a wonderful experience. My daughters have had caring teachers who communicate well and get to know them. Last year EHCS had a major upgrade in technology. All students 5th grade through 12th are issued a Chromebook to use in the classroom and at home. This year students in 3rd and 4th grade will have a Chromebook to use in class and the preschool and K-2nd will have tablets to use in class. My 3rd grader loves to read and enjoys the accelerated reading program at EHCS. She has been consistently reading at a grade level ahead. She enjoys the library because it has a large variety of books to select from at all grade levels. She has also commented that the most important thing she has learned is how to have a closer relationship with God. To me that is worth more than anything else EHCS provides.

Ezell-Harding Christian School 3

Posted May 14, 2015
I believe Ezell needs to lower its priorities and become a small, southern private school as it did in the 90s. No more school outfits because I hate trying to look professional when the bathrooms look like I'm in a gas station. My cousins graduating class of '07 had 73 graduates, today its 34 or lower. I feel sorry for the president and all the parents he has to deal with, but Ezell needs to stop trying to be a big, professional, and highly intelligent school. Ezell needs to stop looking toward a bigger future and just backtrack, become small, and rebuild itself up. We need to go slow instead of progressing fast. Not going to lie, the students need to do their part. The students blame the teachers for not teaching, but to be honest the kids aren't doing their part. Some* teachers don't do their part also which could lead to many complaints by parents. I feel sorry for the teachers and how hard it is to discipline the students. I know nobody is perfect, but when a teacher is having a bad day that does not give them a legitimate right to take it out on the student. The only way to get more teachers at Ezell is to open up and let teachers who are part of different denominations.

Posted August 20, 2014
This school is on its way back to the top and that makes us very excited! For the past 3-4 years, we have been extremely disappointed with the direction of the school and the turnover in administration. That all ended in 2013 and Ezell is bouncing back in huge ways. There is a "new" president who has been at the school for 30 years (and arguably the school's best teacher for the past 20 of those). We get updates from him and our Middle School principal every week. The president meets with all parents throughout the course of the school year in morning parent meetings. The best part is, he asks us to give them any feedback or questions that we have. I definitely have a voice at Ezell, and that is such an improvement from previous years! My child has teachers that care about her. She gets to attend chapel with her peers and teachers. She loves being a part of "Armstrong House" (the only way I can describe it is that it's a lot like Harry Potter houses-- Griffendor, Hufflepuff, etc.) where she gets to play cross campus games and competitions. We love the atmosphere. We love how much she is learning. We don't love the cost, but it is so worth the sacrifice we make to send her .

Posted March 04, 2014
Absolutely the best school in Nashville. We were initially drawn there because of their academics. We had heard many alumni talk about how easy their college experience was, and we were also pointed to the success of their Quiz Bowl teams - they won the state championship last year and we just saw they won "Quizbusters" by beating USN and Hume-Fogg, both schools known for their elite academics. Ezell's ACT scores are extremely strong. But, what we have loved the most with our two elementary aged children is just how much like a family the school is. A high school student's parent passed away this year, and the support that was shown to this family was just overwhelming. They invite parents to their chapels. We were invited to a "coffee and conversation" with the administration - I think all parents are. I really believe that the school has not only enrolled my children, but they have adopted our family. I just cannot say enough good things about our experience here. Both of our children are reading well above grade level and are constantly being challenged. I would put Ezell's academic program up against anyone's in Nashville.

Ezell-Harding Christian School 1

Posted January 23, 2014
Removing my child from this school was the best thing I ever did. You are nothing more than a check in the mail to this school. If you have extenuating circumstances arise- do not count on them to assist in any way. My tuition was a waste of money as when my child transferred to PUBLIC school we found out they were behind in their classes.

Ezell-Harding Christian School
574 Bell Road, Antioch, TN  37013
Last modified Ezell-Harding Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12