Antioch, TN

Ezell-Harding Christian School 3

Posted May 14, 2015
I believe Ezell needs to lower its priorities and become a small, southern private school as it did in the 90s. No more school outfits because I hate trying to look professional when the bathrooms look like I'm in a gas station. My cousins graduating class of '07 had 73 graduates, today its 34 or lower. I feel sorry for the president and all the parents he has to deal with, but Ezell needs to stop trying to be a big, professional, and highly intelligent school. Ezell needs to stop looking toward a bigger future and just backtrack, become small, and rebuild itself up. We need to go slow instead of progressing fast. Not going to lie, the students need to do their part. The students blame the teachers for not teaching, but to be honest the kids aren't doing their part. Some* teachers don't do their part also which could lead to many complaints by parents. I feel sorry for the teachers and how hard it is to discipline the students. I know nobody is perfect, but when a teacher is having a bad day that does not give them a legitimate right to take it out on the student. The only way to get more teachers at Ezell is to open up and let teachers who are part of different denominations.

Posted August 20, 2014
This school is on its way back to the top and that makes us very excited! For the past 3-4 years, we have been extremely disappointed with the direction of the school and the turnover in administration. That all ended in 2013 and Ezell is bouncing back in huge ways. There is a "new" president who has been at the school for 30 years (and arguably the school's best teacher for the past 20 of those). We get updates from him and our Middle School principal every week. The president meets with all parents throughout the course of the school year in morning parent meetings. The best part is, he asks us to give them any feedback or questions that we have. I definitely have a voice at Ezell, and that is such an improvement from previous years! My child has teachers that care about her. She gets to attend chapel with her peers and teachers. She loves being a part of "Armstrong House" (the only way I can describe it is that it's a lot like Harry Potter houses-- Griffendor, Hufflepuff, etc.) where she gets to play cross campus games and competitions. We love the atmosphere. We love how much she is learning. We don't love the cost, but it is so worth the sacrifice we make to send her .

Posted March 04, 2014
Absolutely the best school in Nashville. We were initially drawn there because of their academics. We had heard many alumni talk about how easy their college experience was, and we were also pointed to the success of their Quiz Bowl teams - they won the state championship last year and we just saw they won "Quizbusters" by beating USN and Hume-Fogg, both schools known for their elite academics. Ezell's ACT scores are extremely strong. But, what we have loved the most with our two elementary aged children is just how much like a family the school is. A high school student's parent passed away this year, and the support that was shown to this family was just overwhelming. They invite parents to their chapels. We were invited to a "coffee and conversation" with the administration - I think all parents are. I really believe that the school has not only enrolled my children, but they have adopted our family. I just cannot say enough good things about our experience here. Both of our children are reading well above grade level and are constantly being challenged. I would put Ezell's academic program up against anyone's in Nashville.

Ezell-Harding Christian School 1

Posted January 23, 2014
Removing my child from this school was the best thing I ever did. You are nothing more than a check in the mail to this school. If you have extenuating circumstances arise- do not count on them to assist in any way. My tuition was a waste of money as when my child transferred to PUBLIC school we found out they were behind in their classes.

Posted December 03, 2013
We moved to Nashville in 2012. We wanted a private school that had top-tier academics, athletics that our daughter could one day be a part of, and was affordable. We were attracted to Ensworth and BA, but couldn't afford the high tuition. You need to know that Ezell-Harding is the same caliber school as Ensworth and BA in every area except Sports and Fine Arts, but we only pay $7500 per year to send her there. At a fraction of the cost, we can afford to pay for private music instruction. Seriously, the cost of this school has to be at least $4000 less than what it is worth having our child there. Their website could be a little better, but they have an active facebook page that keeps us updated with events on campus.

Posted November 07, 2013
I cannot say enough good things about Ezell-Harding! I have a child there in first grade and a child in their PreK program. Both of them love it and have excelled academically and socially. The teachers are so very caring. I am so glad there is a place like Ezell. Ezell is known for their superior academics- consistently high ACT scores- much higher than the national average, national merit scholars every year etc... I look forward to what my children will do at this school and beyond. If you are thinking about a private Christian school with excellent academics and an affordable tuition, this is the place.

Posted November 06, 2013
I have nothing but great things to say about this school. My daughter has attended Ezell since the 5th grade. I have found the staff helpful and my child challenged academically. The curriculum is great if your child is planning on attending college. I have been impressed with the education my child has received here compared to other more expensice schoold. I also enjoy knowing that my child can pray after a game with her peers and the small community of students and staff makes for a family atmosphere

Ezell-Harding Christian School 1

Posted September 30, 2013
My son attended Ezell Harding for 9 years. As he progressed in grades I noticed the teacher involvement became less and less. There was way too much drama in the administration. Teachers leave faster than the kids do at 3:00. If your child is struggling in a subject the teachers don't reach out to you, you have to reach out to them. As a parent I spoke with the Principal and my son's teachers about these concerns. Unfortunately the same thing occurred the following year. Would I recommend Ezell to anyone, NO!!! Lack of engagement by the teachers is a huge problem that either they do not know how to address or simply do not care to address. Either way, I realized after many students left at the end of 2013, their reasons were the same as mine. If I'm paying you to educate my child, please give me something worthwhile that I can say I'm getting my money's worth.

Posted September 19, 2013
I am in the 8th grade and have gone to Ezell Harding since Pre- Kindergarten and things are great! The teachers really love God and love their students! I love going to Ezell Harding!

Posted September 19, 2013
Ezell is fun. They have great teachers and students. I love ezell. They have excellent sports! They are number one in middle school soccer right now. They beat lipscomb for the first time in 17 years. They have a good golf team also! I love Ezell Harding Christian School!

Ezell-Harding Christian School
574 Bell Road, Antioch, TN  37013
Last modified Ezell-Harding Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Ezell-Harding Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top