School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

If parents come to these meeting (PTO) and any other activities we have, it would help the school but mostly our children. So much going on at home kids don't know what to do at time. Ask the kids or students what they would like to see the school have for now on. We need more parents to get involved asap. Please when you get a phone call regarding a meeting at the school or anywhere else, do us a favor and join us. The more people we have, the more we can get anything our heart desire. I use to be a PTA President, and it wasn't easy getting parents their, but it was worth it. Lets work together, so that our children's' can see that we love and care for them, so they may achieve their goal in life. "Remember they are our future"
September 21, 2016

Bad
Good

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted September 21, 2016

I am a student I go to antioch middle it is very fun and exciting you make a lot of friends and I've only been there for 10 days and I have lots of friend s on my bus in my homeroom and everything everyone in 5th-8th grade should go there

Would not want my children here under current administration. Executive principal is the worst I've EVER seen or heard of. Would advise against AMS until change is made in leadership.

I happen to go to Antioch Middle School, and I am getting sick and tired of people judging my school without knowing a SINGLE thing! Parents talk like they know, but they don't! Antioch Middle School is NOT filled a bunch of gangsters and violence! I refused to be called that, when I know I am not! And fights are rare! "Don't judge a book by its cover" whatever happen to that? Antioch Middle School is the best!

Antioch Middle School is NOT the most horrible school on the planet! This school is always spoken in the same sentence with the words "horrible","gangs","fights","no good teachers", etc. Show me a school that has no gangs, or fights,or a weak teacher! there is none. Not even Montgomery Bell! The principal is great, and the students are so helping. In 3 days, they raised over $1000 for Haiti relief, and donated over 97 new pairs of shoes. Oh yeah, a gang school could NEVER pull that off. And in the floods last year, the students, teachers, and community volunteers helped it get back on its feet, with NO government help. This school truly is amazing. and, the students ARE intellectually. do not blame the teachers, when some students refuse to learn. that is the student's, or the student's parent's problem. a TEACHer's job is to TEACH, not to disiplince children that should alreay have been disiplined at home. only thing remotely wrong with this school is the lack of parental help.

I did not like this school at all! I was so bad. My children were forced to do (pushups, situps, etc) in the classroom. My son cried everyday after school for 1 month at this school. We moved to Brentwood, TN. Now we go to Brentwood Middle School!!! We willever return there again. My osn now loves school at Brentwood!!! :)

My son attened this school 5th-8th grades and were some of the worst times of his life. The teachers don't care and pick favorites, the principle did'nt care and most of the students are unruly and bullies. I wish I could turn back time and have sent my son to another school. I don't think he has any good memories of middle school.

Since my son who is in the 5 the grade has attended this school his educational needs, social interactions and self esteem has dropped to the lowest that i have ever seen. There is a lack of communication between the teachers and the office faculty including the principle. The guidance counselors at the school take it upon themselves to not investigate things such as children with disablilities personal needs which has lead to invalid information . Some of the teachers in the school are still stuck with blinders on from the middle ages. They have not, what I feel, meets the no child left behind becaus my child was being left behind. This school needs to go back to ground level and help the teachers to learn to meet all the childrens needs no matter how tedious it may be to the educators.

I've been at this school for two years ad its been the worst of my life. This school has terrible discipline and their only real discipline is either detnetion, no eating in the class room for lunch, and for the act of violence iss and rarely oss. The principle rarely ever runs the schol or deals with the principle. so instead of the principle running the school the assistant does everything. The children are rude and act vey imature about things. Every few students in my class are passing and paying attention while others fail miserably without knowing abou the lessons. Some teachers actually pick favories letting them get off very easily. This sochool is also filled with rumors and people wanting to fight people because of those rumors other imature children have said.So no i dont recomend this school at all unless you want your child to come up terrible.

Antioch Middle School is a poor school. My daughter and son went to this school for two years. My daughter she got perfect attendence and she did nt get recongize for it. She also got Honor Roll but she got recongize for Honorable Mention.

Last modified Antioch Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.