John F. Kennedy Middle School 3

Posted January 04, 2014
My daughter started 5th grade at JFK last August. I was very hesitant to send her to this school based on its reputation as not being a great school. However, I have been pleasantly surprised. There are some teachers who teach more effectively than others, but they are all engaged and obviously interested in the development of their students. My daughter is a very driven child anyway and has always required little involvement from me to get her homework done, but I would encourage you to be very involved if your child goes to this school. Another reviewer mentioned the teachers being unorganized and that is true in some cases. My daughter had a project and she wasn't sure of the due date. The deadline and requirements were changed multiple times it was almost like the teacher was making it up as she went along. Other than that, our experience at JFK has been a good one and, provided you are willing to back up your child's education in the home rather than depend solely on teachers, I would recommend this school.

John F. Kennedy Middle School 2

Posted May 24, 2013
If your child has to attend this school, I would suggest that you are very involved in your child's day to day school activity. The school staff is very unorganized and ill informed about almost everything. School information and activity details can get lost in translation. My children would come home telling me about an upcoming activity but no details and the teachers don't know much either. My children didn't like going there because the unruly children would often disrupt the teacher and cause the entire class to be punished. I've always hated homework, but I hate it even more now because my honor roll children spent most of their time at home doing homework. They only had time for dinner and a shower, then bedtime. Because the main focus is about TCAP, it's relevant that you teach them what the teachers are not allowed to teach them. I'm very glad that my children will not be attending Davidson County schools anymore.

Posted January 16, 2013
The teachers here do care about their students though. I'm the same 8th grader from below. My teachers work their butts off for all students In the class. However most of them don't care which creates a bad environment. Antioch isn't a bad place it's the people that give this place a bad reputation .

John F. Kennedy Middle School 2

Posted April 27, 2011
I go to this school. Im in 8th grade and I seriously cannot wait to leave. I will admit I have had some good years here I did learn some good things but the kids here are constantely getting into fights and are disrespectful and im sorry to say but ghetto. I have been raised around a white community I went to Ezell Harding, but I wouldnt recommend coming here.

Posted June 03, 2007
- a former student
I personally liked john f Kennedy. I moved here my 5th grade year I didn't know anyone here. but I fit in very well. all the kids are very nice they don't worry about your skin tone your background they just look at the personality. if you are a parent that's is looking for a school you should pick JFK middle school. it will be one of the best choices you made for your child. take this from a person who started out there in 5th grade and till this day hasn't got into a fight or in trouble.... because the principle rocks :}

John F. Kennedy Middle School 4

Posted May 12, 2006
The previous review is clearly not from a parent. JFK has been a very positive experience for my two sons. We moved here from Atlanta, GA. My boys had been in the same school district since Kindergarten and the adjustment to JFK was seamless. The teachers have all been super! The entire experience has been positive!

John F. Kennedy Middle School 3

Posted April 15, 2006
- a former student
John F. Kennedy. I was there when it first opened. My 5th grade year through my 6th grade year. There were many fights at that school, portables, etc. The friends I made there where the best, though. The teachers were pretty cool, too. I moved after my 6th grade year, thats been about four or so years, and I am still good friends with the kids I met. The band program was awsome, too. I miss my years of JFK, and often think back to those days. I wouldn't really recomend it as that great of a school, though. One time, my whole bus got in a fight. I was in the second row, and the rest of the bus behind me fought. In the 5th grade, and 8th grader slapped me really hard, because she thought I had threw something at her. According to kids I know. It's worse.

Posted December 20, 2004

John F. Kennedy Middle School 1

Posted October 25, 2004

John F. Kennedy Middle School
2087 Hobson Pike, Antioch, TN  37013
Last modified John F. Kennedy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F. Kennedy Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top