Arlington Elementary School 3

Posted May 07, 2014
The school needs a change of leadership to truly be considered one of the better in the Shelby County area...

Posted April 04, 2014
I am the grandmother of a second grader at Arlington Elementary School.. This is our third year at Arlington and we could not be more pleased. He has had three excellent teachers who love teaching and they have made learning fun. The office staff has always been nice and helpful to our family . Last night we attended their 2nd grade music program that was wonderful. This reminded us of that a great school Arlington is.

Posted February 04, 2014
This is the best school ever i am a student there my teachers are the best

Posted August 01, 2013
I love this school! The teachers and staff are truly there for the kids. The kids love going to school too. Can't say enough great things!!

Posted March 07, 2013
Two of my kids go to AMS and we love that school. The care and commitment of the teachers towards the children is amazing. I would recommend it to everybody. They are learning so much and are exited to go there everyday.

Posted January 25, 2013
This is our second year at AES and we love it! The teachers are professional, well-organized, and great communicators. The PTA is very organized and welcoming. I love that my daughter gets weekly art, music and PE. My only complaint is the constant fundraising. Such a great school and community!

Posted August 03, 2012
We LOVE this school! We moved here last year and could not be happier with our decision to buy a home in Arlington. The teachers are all fantastic and the PTA is amazing. The kids are definitely top priority at this wonderful school.

Posted July 22, 2012
My family loves Arlington Elementary School. We are sad that this will be our last year at AES. The administration, teachers, and staff are amazing. Our PTA is the best. Arlington is a great community and our schools are the heartbeat of our town.

Arlington Elementary School 2

Posted July 18, 2012
This school is overrated. The principal is the first AND the second problem with my son's 2nd grade teacher in a close third. My initial encounter with the principal was on registration day where she wouldn't allow my son, who was new to the school, to walk to his classroom because they were "tired and ready to go home". I had to write a letter to the superintendent before she showed any empathy. Another encounter was at the kids' musical program where the principal held an ambush PTA meeting where the kids were not allowed to leave the stage until the meeting was over. There was a teacher on the stage ensuring the kids wouldn t get up. Throughout the year, my son had been absent for different reasons. His teacher wouldn't allow him to finish any work at home. However, when the school year was coming to an end, she sent home a large stack of papers that needed to be completed over the weekend. Her reason: she would "get in trouble" if she didn't have grades in her book. I could list more, but I'm out of space. I can't stress how disappointed I am in this school.

Arlington Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2011
The teaching staff is great but the principal and office staff leave much to be desired. The principal is rude and condescending and the office staff were not able to answer basic questions at registration.

Arlington Elementary School
11825 Douglass St, Arlington, TN  38002
Last modified Arlington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arlington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 64 reviews. Top