Bad
Good

Many people go to work because they have to. The administrators, teachers and coaches at Barret's go to work because they love to. MY son loves it here and we are thankful to be a part of this school family.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The guidance at this school is excellent! They talk about no bullying, not using drugs, Each child is encouraged to develop self esteem, honesty and integrity is encouraged!

My son has attended this school since Kindergarten. I lost my husband in 2009 when our son started kindergarten. The teahers, principal and counselor were and still are so very supportive. This school has a small , private school feel. The parental involvement is awesone. I feel so blessed to have had my child there for the last 7 years. Only 2 more to go then highschool! I will always feel a part of this delightful school and kudos to Mrs.Barbara Hodge who's caring and kind attitude extends to each child and their learning experience!

What an amazing school! Private school education in a public school. Our students have the best of both worlds, a fantastic education along with an administration who places value on student performances, assemblies, and parental involvement in the school. The administration is top-notch and sets extraordinarily high standards for each of our teachers and students, and lovingly encourages every single person in our school. Barret's family is truly a family!

I attended this school from 2nd until 5th grade, this wasn't just any other school. My father was in the military so I've gone to my fair share of schools. This school was my second home, I had teachers who I loved and thought of as second parents. I was in their advanced program, I was able to excel in every subject never making less than an A. When I graduated I had an overwhelming feeling about going to middle school, but Barret's prepared me and I excelled again in middle school. In my 7th grade year I heard they were opening it to middle schoolers, I had an overwhelming joy. I couldn't wait to enjoy my 8th grade year with all my second parents and be greeted by name every morning with a smile. I would recommend this school to anyone with a big heart and who loves to learn!!!

Look no further! You immediately feel love and passion for this school pouring from every staff member, from office personal,teachers,awesome principle, groundsman and the lovely cafeteria staff. We are very blessed!!! Thank you for a job well done.

My grandchildren attend Barrets Chapel, and I love this school! The teachers and staff are amazing, my grands are getting an excellent education, and the principal, Mrs. Hodges, is not just an educator. She genuinely LOVES these children. A private school education and environment in a public school! I could not be happier!

Barrets Chapel Elementary School is one of the best schools around. I know several parents who removed their children from their private school and placed them in Barrets because the education they are receiving there is equivalent or above that which you can receive in a private school. The teachers and staff are the best around. As for the principal Mrs. Hodge, she loves every child and gives each one the one-on-one attention they deserve and not one child is left behind. She displays strong leadership yet is soft at heart. She gets to know each parent by name and her office is always open to everyone at anytime. The parent involvement is overwhelmingly amazing and it shows!!!!!!! Now we need to somehow get Barrets to extend back to 8th grade by 2014-2015 school year so my daughter can continue going there. :)

Great school, amazing Staff and Leadership!!! Can't ask for a better Principal, Mrs. Hodge is very committed to providing a great environment and solid education for all kids that attend Barrets Chapel. It would be great if they had middle school here also!

The school as a whole is a great place for your children to learn. There are some awesome teachers that really take the time with each child. The administration, however, leaves much to be desired. The principal is very marginalizing. She is on a mission to limit access that parents have to the school. If you are not on her good side, you will definitely be ousted from the school. Please do not think that any of your personal information will not be shared with other parents and staff that should have no business knowing it, because there are definitely problems with the principal shring private personal information with others.

Last modified Barrets Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.