Posted July 20, 2014
I attended this school from 2nd until 5th grade, this wasn't just any other school. My father was in the military so I've gone to my fair share of schools. This school was my second home, I had teachers who I loved and thought of as second parents. I was in their advanced program, I was able to excel in every subject never making less than an A. When I graduated I had an overwhelming feeling about going to middle school, but Barret's prepared me and I excelled again in middle school. In my 7th grade year I heard they were opening it to middle schoolers, I had an overwhelming joy. I couldn't wait to enjoy my 8th grade year with all my second parents and be greeted by name every morning with a smile. I would recommend this school to anyone with a big heart and who loves to learn!!!

Posted June 13, 2014
What an amazing school! The teachers, staff and admin are top-notch. There is a school-wide attitude of student involvement and caring from the top down - starting with our Principal greeting each child by name every morning. Academics are exceptional (we are a TN 5-star school, ranked in the top 5% of schools in TN), but there is still a large priority placed on fine arts and activities/assemblies and FUN being included in the school day. Parents are not only welcome, but encouraged to be part of every part of our school - letters from our Principal are always addressed to "Barret's Family" for a reason! We have great parental involvement, with a very active PTA. Barret's has been a "hidden gem" of SCS, but, in my opinion, Barret's is the Crown Jewel!

Posted June 27, 2013
Look no further! You immediately feel love and passion for this school pouring from every staff member, from office personal,teachers,awesome principle, groundsman and the lovely cafeteria staff. We are very blessed!!! Thank you for a job well done.

Posted September 12, 2012
My grandchildren attend Barrets Chapel, and I love this school! The teachers and staff are amazing, my grands are getting an excellent education, and the principal, Mrs. Hodges, is not just an educator. She genuinely LOVES these children. A private school education and environment in a public school! I could not be happier!

Posted August 15, 2012
Barrets Chapel Elementary School is one of the best schools around. I know several parents who removed their children from their private school and placed them in Barrets because the education they are receiving there is equivalent or above that which you can receive in a private school. The teachers and staff are the best around. As for the principal Mrs. Hodge, she loves every child and gives each one the one-on-one attention they deserve and not one child is left behind. She displays strong leadership yet is soft at heart. She gets to know each parent by name and her office is always open to everyone at anytime. The parent involvement is overwhelmingly amazing and it shows!!!!!!! Now we need to somehow get Barrets to extend back to 8th grade by 2014-2015 school year so my daughter can continue going there. :)

Posted August 13, 2012
Great school, amazing Staff and Leadership!!! Can't ask for a better Principal, Mrs. Hodge is very committed to providing a great environment and solid education for all kids that attend Barrets Chapel. It would be great if they had middle school here also!

Barrets Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2011
The school as a whole is a great place for your children to learn. There are some awesome teachers that really take the time with each child. The administration, however, leaves much to be desired. The principal is very marginalizing. She is on a mission to limit access that parents have to the school. If you are not on her good side, you will definitely be ousted from the school. Please do not think that any of your personal information will not be shared with other parents and staff that should have no business knowing it, because there are definitely problems with the principal shring private personal information with others.

Posted December 02, 2009
This school is often referred to as 'the county's best kept secret' and it is so don't tell anyone! We have the most amazing principal, teachers, parents and students! I can't say enough about the leardership. She is a second year principal who is a people/kid person! The parental involvement is out of this world! Acts like a private setting without the cost!

Posted November 15, 2009
Who wld think this is a public school. Our school has the best administration. Education is top notch. When I drop my kids off I never worry about them learning or safety. We cld not be happier. Our 2nd child will be graduating this yr and our 3rd child has 4 yrs left. When he leaves not only will I be sad about him growing up but I will be leaving great friends. This school accepts every1. Why pay for private when your child can receive a private if not better education for free.

Barrets Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
Barret's has the small school feel while providing a learning environment second to none. Go Wildcats, you rock!

Barrets Elementary School
10280 Godwin Rd, Arlington, TN  38002
Last modified Barrets Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barrets Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.