Bad
Good

My daughter loves this school!!! Awesome teachers!!!! My daughter is always happy and in such a great mood when she arrives home from school.....

I love it at Bolton! I've been here 3 years, and it keeps getting better. Of course their is going to be some gang related issues, since it's a high school. They have them at Bartlett and Millington, and no one says anything about that! Overall, it's a great school to meet new friends, and the IB program, the band, choir, and orchestra, and the athletics program help make this school as great as it is today! It's kinda different since our old principle left, so the rules have changed a little. People just need to get use to it. Bolton is a wonderful experience for any teenager.

I have one child that is about to be a senior and one that is going to be a freshmen. I must say that Shelby County does a great job of keeping the school's discipline trouble out of the media. I don't blame the faculty; it's the students. Like many schools in and around the Memphis area there is a gang problem. And my eldest has complained of racial problems amongst the students and blatant disrespect towards the teachers . There are good aspects about the school such as the band, choir, sports, and some academic programs . I just hate that some of the students wont recognize and accept the great education they could get from the educators there.

Bolton High School is one of the best places to go! The people are extremely down to earth and actually nice and caring. This school has roots because it has been around for a long time and is very well established. The extra curricular activities are amazing especially band! The sports teams really make an effort to come together and bond. The classes are great and the teachers not only teach school related things but also help us learn life lessons. It has been a wonderful 3 years here!

Bolton High is where I have one son attending and two others will be attending down the road. I have the highest respect for the administration, staff and athletic coaches. This school is very, very well thought of in our community and does a great job !

I have had two kids attend Bolton. The teachers are very good and the honors classes offer much. I think their sports programs are good (exception: head football coach is awful and does not have a clue). All in all, the school is safe. There is some racial tension from time to time, especially when Obama got elected. The slurs were being thrown by the black kids no less. Principal Stevens is outstanding. Its a good environment and I think they try hard to keep it that way.

This is an excellent school and i could not imagine attending any other high school other than Bolton High School.

Excellent student support; safe campus; enforces a dress code without reverting to uniforms.

I believe bolton is a great school. My son attend and we have always had great reviews. This is his last year. Keep up the great work. Thanks to all the teachers

While the variety and selection of courses available in the Honors/A.P. programs are superior to those found at other schools, there is a continual problem with racial and socioeconomic tension that manifests itself DAILY in aggressive behavior in the hallways, cafeteria, etc. My daughter is a junior, has never had a conduct related incident at school, but comes home often with stories of pushing/shoving, racial slurs and aggressive behavior from total strangers. I think a concerted effort by all teachers to maintain higher visibility between classes would significantly reduce these incidents. I'll have another child entering the school next year, equally as mild mannered, and my husband and I are very concerned for her safety also. Unfortunately, this appears to be the best of the available schools, including private ones, so I guess we'll just hope for the best.

Last modified Bolton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.