Arlington High School 4

Posted February 02, 2014
I recently transferred to AHS from a small religious school, here is my "new student" experience: The students are mostly white upper-middle class, there is a strong "preppy" social group, as well a good-size band group and a decent-size "church kid" group. AHS is very racially segregated: the African-American students sit in one corner of the lunch room and the white kids sit everywhere else. Racial slurs and inappropriate language are VERY common. A segment of the student population is heavily involved in the school, but a majority couldn't care less about AHS. Academically, I would highly recommend taking mostly honors and AP classes. Standard classes generally have the bad teachers and students who don't care. Because the school curves GPAs, taking honors/AP classes shouldn't hurt your GPA if you put in effort. My experience with the guidance department was a poor one. The counselor did not spend much time with me and I was placed in mostly standard classes even when I asked for honors (the promise to move me up if I did well in standard was never fulfilled). All in all, AHS is a good school, but make sure to take upper-level classes and get involved in a club/sport/etc!

Posted January 11, 2014
Our daughter is a sophomore at Arlington and we could not be happier. The teachers that we have encountered seemed genuinely interested in her studies. The teachers do an outstanding job of keeping her attention and she seems to truly enjoy learning from them. we would highly recommend Arlington High School to anyone who is considering.

Arlington High School 4

Posted November 13, 2013
Our daughter transferred has a senior and her grades have never been better, we love the academic campus atmosphere and the college bound approach to her curriculum, having lunch outside also gives the students the freedom to take a break and accept responsibility with those privileges, great school we all love it! Staff has always shown accountability and genuine interest in them doing well!

Posted May 21, 2012
My daughter is a Sophmore at AHS. We love it, the teachers are really great and are very concerned about their students academic welfare. Would highly recommend the school!!

Posted September 17, 2011
I found this school to outstanding with a great administrative team and staff. The administration has to make tuff decission and the can come off as rude

Posted March 08, 2010

Arlington High School 0

Posted February 27, 2010
The school is big and has come a long way in just a few years. Most of the teacher's work hard and seem to care about the students. The fine arts program is outstanding and the extra-curricular sports are competitive. The school principal cares about the kids and keeps the school clean and safe. Most of all, Arlington High School has great kids.

Arlington High School 1

Posted December 09, 2009

Arlington High School 0

Posted November 30, 2009
I have to agree with the other post, administrative staff is horrible... very rude. It seems they hate their jobs? Yes, the school is beautiful on the outside, but don't be fooled.. the administrative staff that inhabits the inside is horrible! Invest in a private school if budget allows for it, those are teachers and staff who care!

Posted November 01, 2009
I'm a student at Arlington Highschool and I feel the responsibility to refute any claims of poor academic standards. I moved to the school from Northeast England (I'm not a native of England and i was raised in the U.S.) in my sophomore year. Academically i am challenged. Although the school's facilities are astounding, along with the human capital involved in educating students, they do not determine the level of education your child may recieve. They are simply tools to be put to use by students and parents alike, to achieve the level of education they expect. So, the hard fact is; the faults you find in the school, are really just faults in your decision making.

Arlington High School
5475 Airline Rd, Arlington, TN  38002
Last modified Arlington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arlington High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.