Ashland City, TN

Cheatham Co Central 3

Posted February 18, 2014
My daughter has done well at Cheatham County High. It is a small community and I think the school could do more to assist the kids with finding scholarships and preparing for college but, I do understand not every kid will choose the college path. They are improving the honors program and AP classes but, it's a work in progress. I would say for a small town, country high school it's not bad. I hope they continue to improve in the future. They need more parent support and improve the sports programs. They do not provide transportation for the cross country team or the track teams and I'm sure other sports also. I think there is room for improvement but funding is an issue. When you live in a rural community this is a problem you run into. Overall I am satisfied with this school.

Posted June 24, 2013
Teacher turnover is high especially this year. No honors classes, No AP classes. Clubs are not allowed to meet so there is no point in joining one. No real leadership. Communication with parents is lacking. Website is empty. I wish I had researched this school district before moving here. Word of mouth about a school is not always the most reliable way to choose a school. My biggest regret.

Posted June 20, 2013
High teacher turnover. No stability. Lack of leadership. Failing opportunities for high student achievers. Undervalued and unsupported extra curricular activities. Lack of respect from the administration for student body achievement. Until there are new School Board members and a REAL Director of Schools, look elsewhere to educate your child.

Cheatham Co Central 5

Posted April 19, 2013
CCCHS is such a great school . This is the type of school you would most definitely want your kids to come to . They have great curriculum activities for your child . CCCHS is truly amazing !

Posted January 19, 2012
I have had a problem with this school for years. It is horrible. Students struggle here because they are not being taught anything. They need to get a grip on their students and teachers. Communication from faculty to parents is horrible. Someone needs to take control and make this school a better learning portal for our children. In the past they have lost seniors credits, had students arrested for silly things that could have been handled diffrently and set silly rules for our children to follow. There is so much more they need to worry about like the graduation rate. DO SOMETHING FOR OUR CHILDREN NOW!

Cheatham Co Central 2

Posted March 29, 2011
I'm a parent of a senior this year and I would have to say that overall my dealings with CCCHS have been unsatisfactory. The counselor has been less than helpful and when a complaint was raised to the principal, excuses were made. I'm thankful that I have several years to go before I have another entering high school and hope that things are better by that point. My son has told me numerous times that his counselor is pretty much "unavailable" when he has questions. Communication is horrible and why have a website if you're not going to keep it updated for parents to reference. There is a broadcast message system in place in the county, why not use it to notify parents of important dates, etc.

Cheatham Co Central 5

Posted December 05, 2010
I graduated from Cheatham Co. Central in 2008, and I can honestly say that the school did a great job preparing me for college. In part, the reason is because of the extra curricular activity, Upward Bound. Cheatham is the only school in the county that offers that. There are some weird regulations when it comes to being in the top ranking, but that could have been because our requirements were changed my senior year. All in all, it is a great school. If I could go back and decide where to go, regardless, Cheatham would be it. (:

Cheatham Co Central 2

Posted May 16, 2010
Only 2 classes for advanced/gifted students. Only two dual enrollment classes to be offered 2010/2011 school year, and no AP classes. The other high schools in the area have at least 10 of these advanced classes.

Cheatham Co Central 0

Posted April 16, 2010
Well i have been goin here since 07 i believe and i have to agree the education here is great. The teachers are great and now since we have a new principal, our school is getting back to its old self. I love CCCHS, and the teachers here.

Cheatham Co Central 4

Posted June 23, 2009
My daughter attends CCCHS and I am proud of the education she is receiving. The programs are being built up and more advanced classes are being offered. It is a great school.

Cheatham Co Central
1 Cub Cr, Ashland City, TN  37015
Last modified Cheatham Co Central is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cheatham Co Central Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top