Ashland City, TN

East Cheatham Elementary School 3

Posted August 13, 2015
My son went to East Cheatham last year for kindergarten. He had a wonderful teacher and he did very, very well. However, my problem is with the new principal and the aftercare staff. I went to her for help concerning their aftercare program, because we had been on a waiting list for a long time, and could never get any help or an answer from the staff as to when our son could get in. The principal was absolutely no help at all. Wouldn't even return a phone call or email. All she did was just forward our messages on down the line. The two ladies that run the aftercare have absolutely no communication skills. We were on a waiting list for eight months and the best they could tell us is "We will have to call you." Well, that's a terrible strategy for parents who have to work for a living. Last year I lost significant income due to the fact that I had to quit work every day at 2 p.m. to be there to pick my son up from school. Bottom line - I put our son in private school for first grade because of this. You truly get what you pay for. The only reason I give this school three stars is because my son's teacher was amazing.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted August 13, 2015
The kindergarten teachers were awesome. I'm sure the rest of the faculty is as well.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 13, 2015
Kindergarten required a lot of homework. Most of the time, my son could do all the weekly requirements in an hour.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted August 13, 2015
Most of the children at this school are from very poor, broken homes. Most of what I noticed is there are a lot of grandparents raising children here because of parental dysfunction.

Posted December 15, 2014
My child went all 4 years there and they are great! My son is autistic and try went above and beyond to prepare him for middle school he is currently A/B honor roll and going to high school next year...

Posted October 14, 2013
I currently have 3 children attending ECES and I absolutely love all their teachers and the staff! One of my children is autistic and is in special needs as well as speech there and within the last two years has tripled his vocabulary!! He now says sentences and words that even I have trouble pronouncing. They love the competitive academics and having the same class for multiple years, they were able to start learning immediately this year instead of having that a weirdness every kid gets at the beginning of the school year

Posted August 28, 2013
My daughter loves her school and I think it would be awesome if they could win so they could go on better field trips an have a much bigger an better playground.....

Posted August 13, 2012
East Cheatham Elementary School has served it's community well. It is a school that has stood proud for several generations of family members throughout the years. My children and my now my grandchildren have and are attending East Cheatham Elementary. The faculity has always shown a kindness and understanding to families and their children attending school there as well as to the community. I am proud that me and my family have such dedicated school of learning in our community. I would like to Thank each and every staff member there.... submitted by a grandparent....

Posted March 22, 2010
At first I did not want my son to go to school there. I wanted to him to go to the school that I went to and I was also worried about the scores the school received. Now I am so happy and proud to say my son goes to East Cheatham. I did not attend that school and I do not know any of the faculty but when I am there they treat me like I have been going there for years. All of the faculty members are wonderful and dedicated to our children. I have yet to have a bad experience there. I could not imagine a better school than East Cheatham!!!!

Posted June 30, 2009
I am a parent of 3 children that attend East Cheatham Elementary and that teachers and faculty are amazing. They have wonderful parent involvment.

3201 Bearwallow Road, Ashland City, TN  37015
Last modified East Cheatham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Cheatham Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top