Bad
Good

Mcminn is just like any other public school, but Meigs county is a lot worse. They don't put you in the classes you need and all the popular kids get away with a whole lot of things. The "in" crowd gets treated better than anything. Mcminn is a little better with the classes. As for the teachers, there are some who should not teach at all, but the others are great. The disiplinary system is great. They take action immidiatly.

As a former student, I can honestly say that McMinn could be a lot worse. The teachers, with the exception of the science department, are generally not good. The higher-level classes in the science department are pretty good, and have prepared me well for my pre-medical studies. Athletics are only overemphasized by the students themselves and P.E. teachers. Parental involvement is horrendous, but that's more on the meth-addled parents rather than the school. The principal is incredibly average, making good and bad decisions in equal measure. There could be more AP classes offered; to be fair, McMinn offers more than most surrounding schools. All in all, the school is spectacularly blah. It's not the most enjoyable thing in the world, but it's not exactly the 7th layer of hell either.

This high school offers a lot more honors, advances placement, and dual enrollment classes compared to McMinn Central.

I'm not sure if the post made on sep. 18, 2009 is serious. The errors make my head spin. Is this really from a high school senior?

The school has taken great strides in the last couple of years and is on the road to becoming a premiere high school in the state. It's exciting to be a part of the change and I'm looking forward to where the school culture, academics, and technologies will take the students in the future.

Without a doubt, one of the worse run schools I have ever been associated with. Communications between parents and teachers/staff is nearly impossible. High school kids answer the phone when you call the school..then when connected you get an answering machine. Calls are not returned and some won't even respond to an email. The school is overcrowded, students are treated differently according to their participation in sports, and most of the kids despise their own school. At the end of the year, they don't even bother to mail report cards home and when you take off from work to go pick it up, the people in the office act as though you are bothering them by being there. I could go on and on. I honestly cannot think of a positive comment to make.

Communication with teachers is mediocre at best. It has come down to emails and pre-recorded phone messages from the administration. I also feel that it would be in the best interest of the students McMinn county should consider going to block scheduling. If I had a way to get my children to a school that had this , they would not attend MCHS. As for those who want to say how great it is for athletics, that seems to be the one area they strive for excellence. Hope it improves soon.

I am a senior at McMinn County High School, and no it isn't the best school, but its no different than any other public school. It has some rules but don't they all. I have met some of the best teachers a student could ask for at this school. Overall it is a preety good school. (But I hate there graduation rankings; kids that took easy classes can be valedictorian. How stupid is that?)

My child attends MCHS & has hated it from day one. All the students want to do is back bite each other & put each other down. I'm sure teachers have heard things going on why can't or won't they do something about it before it is too late?

Freshman year I remember being intimidated by everything that was at McMinn. I'm now a junior, and I realize that freshman year is the high point of the high school experience at McMinn. We have a new principal this year (everyone was ecstatic about who it was), and I never was eager for him to take over. Soon enough, everyone realized that he was not the 'hip' principal everyone thought he'd be. The way he conducts things is degrading to us as students. He treats us as if we are all buffoons and repeats everything at least four times. I, for one, think the teaching staff, for the most part, is pretty mediocre. I have about two teachers from each hallway that I'd consider allowing my (future) kids to have.. Not so much with the others. So yes, improvement is needed. I'm not even going to go into the dress code..

Last modified Mcminn High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.