Atoka, TN

Atoka Elementary School 3

Posted April 22, 2015
The only thing these teachers seem concerned with is memorization of the material that will be on the year end standardized test...ALL because it has a direct effect on the TEACHER's performance/evaluation. My daughter's 3rd grade teacher is bribing the students with candy and prizes for perfect attendance during test review. It's very disappointing and just obnoxious. Anyone can teach memorization to children...where are the true "TEACHERS?!"

Atoka Elementary School 4

Posted February 10, 2015
This is the first year for my kids at Atoka. While some of my kids are doing excellent and achieving, one of my children is having a big problem at Atoka. He has issues focusing and the school seems unable to accommodate his issue. Instead, the school tries to treat him as if focus wasn't an issue and this is not working out. I highly recommend Atoka Elementary if your kid is able to perform without much assistance from their teacher. However, if your kid has a focus issue and needs more one on one attention, stay clear of Atoka. I'm going to try out K12 next year for my kid with the focus issue since he excels at computers and online school will be right up his alley.

Posted October 02, 2014
we love Atoka elementary.. my son has been going here since KK . n I think everyone is amazing...!

Atoka Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2014
My child is a nice, smart, well-adjusted child who has always had lots of friends. We moved here from out of State, and we fully expected he would adjust well to Atoka Elementary. But the teacher did NOT go out of her way to be welcoming, and he was bullied continually at lunch & recess. He was so unhappy, I pulled him out. Other parents told me bullying was a "typical" problem for their boys. The school does not stop it. I have also heard that this area has a "you ain't from around here" unwelcoming mentality, and both of our children have sadly experienced this at their schools. So much for Southern Hospitality!

Atoka Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2014
I am a parent who has always been involved in my child's school and teachers.But the amount of bullying that he has had to endure at this place is truely unreal. From the teachers on down and no child should have been treated the way mine was.And when you try to use the chain of command that dose not work because who is going to take the word of a child over an adult.But you have to do something when your child comes home every single day wanting things to end. So something has to be done about the our children are treated and talked .

Posted July 14, 2013
I was very impressed with this school this year. Last year, I wasn't as impressed. If I'd rated this school last year, I would have given it 1 star, but this year 5 stars! All because of Mrs. Holliday! She made me realize how wonderful Atoka can really be! Mrs. Holliday gave so much to the kids not just present and gift, but love and time. She really renewed my faith in how teachers should be. She not only creates a relationship with the kids, but she creates relationships with the parents. She texts parents weekly just to keep us updated on all that is going on. She always lets us know when she is posting something new to the classroom blog. She takes tons of pictures of our children! I feel so blessed to have gotten her for my daughter this year as a teacher. I'm so sad we will be moving to Japan so my son won't have a chance to have her.

Posted July 13, 2013
Excellent school! The whole school is great, teachers, office staff and principals. Mr. Dawson has always helped with issues and takes his time to know the kids. My son learned so many things, even things I didnt expect him to learn in Kindergarten. Ive been extremely pleased and very sad we are moving away from this great school.

Posted May 08, 2012
This review is mainly being written from a customer service perspective. Just wanted to say the front office is absolutely amazing! Let me say that this was my very first year interacting with my daughters school (my daughter is a kindergartner), and the staff exceeded my expectations in getting me acclimated to the new environment, rules, and expectations. Specifically, Ms. Deborah, the kindergarten registrar is beyond professional, organized, personable, and just all around a great person to work with. After reading so many reviews of other parents experiences with their childs school...I quickly learned that Atoka Elementary sets the bar. I would give the entire staff 10 stars if I could...I'm beyond impressed!

Posted July 19, 2011
I was very Lucky that my child went to this school for the first there years it has been open. The principal, Mrs. Fisher and her assistant principals run the school with pride and love for all the children. I was very lucky to have great teachers that really care about how your child is doing and will take the time to help your child with goals and let you know what they need to work on. I am sad to have to move and let go of such a great school and great teachers.

Posted July 21, 2010
Both of my children attended ATES for one year and I loved it. My husband and I both were sad to see my sons leave. Mrs Fisher the principle is very kind and she listens but also gets down to business. Any issue that I have had she has resolved and always followed up later. The teachers are GREAT. I loved my sons KG teacher Mrs Scoggins who loves her job and is compassionate about the kids. I hated leaving this school but I had to move. I am sure that I will never find a school with so much caring and attention again.

Atoka Elementary School
870 Rosemark Road, Atoka, TN  38004
Last modified Atoka Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atoka Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top