Bartlett, TN
Students enrolled: 1,650
After care: No

Posted August 05, 2013
I graduated in 2001- I feel as if I received an excellent education. For college, I attended UT Knoxville. While attending, most of my friends/fellow students came from private schools. Saint Benedict was one in particular. Out of all of my friends from St. Benedict, I had to help with them with their English and math because they were having difficulty. These were students with a 3.5 or higher GPA. So, in comparison to many private schools, I feel as if I got a great education. The only downfall now, as I have a younger brother enrolled at Bartlett, is the quality of students coming in whom are disrupting the classroom. The teachers are not able to always control them and their learning abilities are jeopardized. He tells me that all they do is socialize in many of the classes that he has. Hope this review is helpful!

Posted September 25, 2011
This school is great! I'm a junior here and have loved it for the past 2 years! I must say I didnt really like my freshman year, but normally some people dont.This school has changed SOO much since my freshman year. There is more discipline and leadership from teacher,administrators and students! This school has great athletics! The coaches are great here, Most of them know what they are doing.. The teachers are great put if you dont help with your grade they wont help either, so do your work.... ALSO we have a GREAT Special Education program, the teachers in this department are so nice and caring.. We have awesome classes for those in need, like Spanish, home ec, Math, Science, basically everything! And the students mostly get along with eachother! No one is rarely left out! Most People are kind here at Bartlett, but others who dont wont to be here or transferred here arent so great but who cares! Also a downfall of this school is some of the teachers dont care which leads to some students not caring and not learning.another is I think SCS shouldnt let a little section of the city of Cordova come to Bartlett... They could be going to Cordova. anyways this is a AWESOME school!BHS!

Posted December 26, 2009
I am currently in Bartlett High school and I can honestly say there is no other school I would rather be at. The teachers there, as long as they know you are honestly trying at a subject, are all willing to go to the ends of the earth to try and help you at the very least pass. And at my school, even though there are a few fights here and there, I have never once feared for my safety. Which is something that many many children in the Memphis area really can't say. I know tons of teachers who go above and beyond to try and help, such as Coach Cacy with history and Mrs. Smith in Latin. :) I really hope Bartlett keeps up it's great work for when my little sister goes to school there!

Posted September 16, 2009
It is my son's first year at Bartlett High and everyone that I have dealt with has been very helpful, friendly and seems qenuinely happy to be there and happy to be with the kids. Everyone seems to love their jobs and where they are and it seems to have a positive effect on the kids.

Bartlett High School 3

Posted August 21, 2008
I graduated from Bartlett in 2006. If you are thinking about going one good thing is this is still in Shelby County. The teachers at the school are overall good. Of course each year I attended there were 2 out of 6 I honestly didn't like. Although, you don't go to school to like the teachers so that was to be expected. Teachers who were outstanding I still remember. Mrs. Gaines is a excellent English teacher. Mrs. Johnson was my all time favorite in the culinary arts. Coach Avery knew how to explain math to even the slowest learner. Coach Isaac was a very good math teacher also. One main flaw I saw during my four years was the guidance department. It was supposed to be there for guidance although I was never sure who they were there to guide has it seemed biased towards the college based, richer crowd.

Posted May 28, 2008
I attend Bartlett High and let me just tell you, its not as good as people say. As me being an African American who loves my culture, that school should be closed. I delt with racism my whole year there. The taechers took it as i joke. They have coaches teaching a subject they know nothing about if you ask me. They dont try to help you all they do is put you down. And if they know your from a city school they'll say. 'I just think you need to go back if you are having a hard time understanding'. Now that kind of mess is that. I had a 3.0 gpa, what turned into a 2.0. Unhappy to say my family was dissappointed for somthing that wasnt my fault.

Posted February 26, 2008
I attended Bartlett for all four years and i have to say that it is a great school. Some people commented on how Coaches teach some of the classes and that they were incompetent but I have to disagree...Coach Owen for example is the best math teacher there is , I dont know what I wouldhave done without him. Coach Avery is great as well and coach Gore is probably every student's favorite teacher. Mrs. Mitchell is an excellent English teacher. Just about all the teachers are great. I loved it there and i would recommend this school to any parent looking for a good school to send their kids to!

Posted February 06, 2008
I've had two children graduate from Bartlett High School and both are currently in private colleges where they have excelled. Bartlett High should be proud of the administration and the teachers. My only wish is that parents take a more active roll in their child's education (parents tend to drop this roll when their child gets out of elementary school

Posted December 13, 2007
I am happy to be able to give a positive review of this excellent school. Our daughter is just in her freshman year, but already we have had the opportunity to meet and have email correspondence with a few of her teachers and several other staff and teachers. The dedication that has been shown so far gives us a lot of confidence in the preparation for life that she is going to get at this school. Thanks to Ms. Mccalla, Coach Couey, Mr. Avery, Ms. Morris, Mr. Cacy, Ms. Patrick, Mr. Youngblood, and other teachers and staff whose names we don't know yet, but look forward to learning, this has been a good first half year of what we hope and expect will be a great high school experience.

Posted November 10, 2007
A lot of people have talked about academics and diversity, but who cares? I'm a current senior who has spent my last three years at Bartlett, and they were amazing. Now, I've moved away to a school with better academics and more diversity, and it's horrible. A parent can't just look at academics; they have to see that Bartlett is a family. The students are so close to one another! Besides, we had Mrs. Gaines, the best Enbglish teacher ever! Kids at my new school treat me like trash, and at Bartlett, I never felt alienated. I know that this isn't always the case, but BHS is one of the few schools where few kids are alone. Even with the diversity, we're okay. I'm half black, half white and I fitted in great. If I could do one thing, I would go back to Bartlett, the real BHS.

5688 Woodlawn Street, Bartlett, TN  38134
Last modified Bartlett High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bartlett High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top