Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Great teachers and great staff. Always willing to help out. All of the lamps teachers are great too.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Todd immediately recognized there was something different about my daughter, after meeting with her and discussing, we eventually went on to have her tested for ADHD. I am very grateful because we may not have known what was going on and my daughter may have had to repeat kindergarten. Now she has done a complete turn around because of the helpfulness from her teacher and clear concern for my daughter's well being.

Teachers and staff really care about your child's progress and well-being. Truly wonderful learning environment for kids and amazing school!

Develops character: Agree

My 8yo usually came home telling me the stories the counselor told them, talking about good values and against bullying.

Great teachers, Hardworking Pta, involved parents, caring staff, fun activities!! ; we have been in several schools, yet we REALLY like Ellendale :)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My kids were so engaged in learning new things and even reviewing old stuff, they really enjoy going to school :)

My foster children were treated as second class citizens. Enrolling the children was difficult. Services were difficult to obtain. I got the impression that the principal did not want foster children in the school.

I have no idea how this school has a high of rating it does. The principal is rude and condescending. My child gets bullied on a weekly basis and after several notifications it still occurs. The teachers are doing their jobs at minimum with no care and the PTA is just in it for their title. No sense of "family" or school pride. We are moving to a private school but I feel every parent should be on the lookout when their child attends this school.

The teachers in this school do a pretty good job. However, this is the worst principal I have ever encountered. I cannot believe she is allowed to lead a school. If I could I would give her ZERO stars!

We really loved this school until a recent encounter with the school principal. My child came home in tears because of a "pep" talk the principal had with my child. And then the conversation we had with the principal after this incident even made me more upset. I would have said how much I thought of this school until recently. I think this school would be wonderful if they replaced the principal! She doesn't have the kindness she needs to work with kids!

Last modified Ellendale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.