Bartlett, TN

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 26, 2015
Again, with the counselor, and even though I didn't like in that moment, but I thing it's about empathy: at the End-of-the-year ceremony they gave the kids all their recognitions and achievements in a closed envelope, so nobody would feel ashamed.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted July 26, 2015
My 8yo usually came home telling me the stories the counselor told them, talking about good values and against bullying.

Ellendale Elementary School 5

Posted July 26, 2015
Great teachers, Hardworking Pta, involved parents, caring staff, fun activities!! ; we have been in several schools, yet we REALLY like Ellendale :)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 26, 2015
My kids were so engaged in learning new things and even reviewing old stuff, they really enjoy going to school :)

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 17, 2015
Issues that my children had at the school were unaddressed until we made a big enough issue about it.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 17, 2015
It might depend on the student, but my foster children were not given the support or compassion needed for their particular situation.

Ellendale Elementary School 2

Posted July 17, 2015
My foster children were treated as second class citizens. Enrolling the children was difficult. Services were difficult to obtain. I got the impression that the principal did not want foster children in the school.

Ellendale Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2015
I have no idea how this school has a high of rating it does. The principal is rude and condescending. My child gets bullied on a weekly basis and after several notifications it still occurs. The teachers are doing their jobs at minimum with no care and the PTA is just in it for their title. No sense of "family" or school pride. We are moving to a private school but I feel every parent should be on the lookout when their child attends this school.

Ellendale Elementary School 1

Posted July 02, 2014
The teachers in this school do a pretty good job. However, this is the worst principal I have ever encountered. I cannot believe she is allowed to lead a school. If I could I would give her ZERO stars!
2 people found this helpful

Ellendale Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2014
We really loved this school until a recent encounter with the school principal. My child came home in tears because of a "pep" talk the principal had with my child. And then the conversation we had with the principal after this incident even made me more upset. I would have said how much I thought of this school until recently. I think this school would be wonderful if they replaced the principal! She doesn't have the kindness she needs to work with kids!
2 people found this helpful

6950 Dawnhill Rd, Bartlett, TN  38135
Last modified Ellendale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellendale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top