Bartlett, TN

Posted August 07, 2014
Oak Elementary has been a high achieving school for a number of years. With the efforts of the teaching staff, support personnel, and the parents, Oak has sustained a culture of providing for the needs of the whole child. We understand that personal relationships with the students creates a positive atmosphere to promote learning! We welcome the support of the parents and grandparents who live in our school community.

Posted May 07, 2014
As the school year is coming to an end I have nothing buy praise for Oak Elementary. We moved to the area just to be able to place our child into Oak. I had a problem with first teacher our child was placed with but with the Principal and Assistant Principal working with us our child was moved. I have to say that K teacher we moved to is an excellent K teacher. My child has grown and learned so much. We would not move to another school. I am however disappointed in the parent participation in an overall capacity of the entire school. The PTA has a fantastic current President however many of the other in the PTA positions are very rude and snobby. Not a way to support the school and all the wonderful children. I have had several parents say they won't be involved with the PTA because of the rude and snobbish board members. That needs to be addressed.

Oak Elementary School 4

Posted August 13, 2012
My son has attended Oak from kindgergarten to this year starting 3rd grade. We have had an overall good experience, his kindergarten teacher Ms. Ebbers, 1st grade teacher Ms. Holly were AWESOME. His 2nd grade teacher, who has been there many years, we didnt like at all. I thought it was wonderful of Ms. DeLockery, the principal, and the asst. principal Ms. Williams to consult with me and address my concerns and move my son to another class where he got a fresh start and another great teacher. I think, in general, that our county curriculum is weak, not challenging our students to learn. I am an involved parent so I try to keep my son on track and motivated to learn. Oak is a good school with a very well intentioned, professional, caring group of administrators running it. I will say this, you have to look out for and reinforce education from the home, a school like this can only do so much. If you want a superb education in this county, you probably should, if you can afford it, go with private school, which I will be doing, at least for high school.

Posted September 15, 2011
A great school! I had a 5th grader, 3rd grader and a preschooler all at Oak last year. Great, caring teachers and staff. I especially liked the 5th grade team teaching approach and all the club opportunities available.

Oak Elementary School 3

Posted May 18, 2011
I was so very disappointed with Oak Elementary!! My children were not challenged at all the whole year. When I brought this to the attention of the teachers they would not work with me to keep my children from being bored in class. We had a horriable experiance with one teacher in particular who in front of the whole class singled out my child just because my child was scared of her since she yelled everyday at all the children. The principal was not very helpful at first when I told her my concerns (that no child should be scared of their teacher due to yelling in the classroon). She was certian that my child was the problem and wouldn't hear of anything else. After a few days of going back and forth we finally got my child a new teacher only to be told that our child should LIE to everyone about why she changed classrooms. Try explaining that one to a 2nd grader. I was disppointed on every level with this school and I am so glad that my children are not enrolled at Oak anymore.

Posted April 21, 2011
This is our second year at Oak. We transferred from a private school and have been very pleased with our decision to do so.

Posted May 25, 2010
My children and I love Oak Elementary. It's a national blue ribbon school, drug free school and has reached many outstanding goals including being 1 of 4 SCS to have straight A's again on the report card from the state. The principal's number one priority is the children. She's great at relating to parents, students & staff alike. If someone has a problem with this school, they need to look in the mirror for the problem.

Posted February 05, 2010
Definitely the best school in shelby county. The principal is WONDERFUL. So are the teachers. They have high expectations for these kids and believe it or not, the kids will rise to the occasion when they are expected to. My child has been there 3 yrs and I have yet to see behavior problems handled inappropriately . The students know that bad behavior will not be tolerated and they have a ton of respect for the teachers. My child has been there 3 yrs and this is my experience. I would recommend this school to anyone. I am so fortunate to live in this school district.

Posted September 25, 2009
What an awesome school. Oak is by far the best elementary school in Shelby County. Everyone there is top notch. I've had two girls there. One has moved on to Middle School. I wouldn't have sent my girls anywhere else. I have no doubts about the environment at Oak. It is safe, caring and nurturing. It has great parental involvement. Thank you Oak Elementary. You've are great.

Posted January 28, 2009
Oak is awesome, we have the best kindergarten teacher, I know everybody thinks their is the best but she keeps the kids focus and finds a way to work with them individually. The Principle is firm but the kids do get around to liking her and she goes out of her way to know the kids by name. There is a mutual respect there between the teachers, principle and kids. So far, I will recommend Oak. We have had a great experience.

Oak Elementary School
3573 Oak Rd, Bartlett, TN  38134
Last modified Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top