Bartlett, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted August 31, 2014
When you walk into the school you cannot help but be welcomed! Bright colors, friendly faculty & staff, happy & smiling children are immediately what you see. My family has been part of the Bon Lin ES family since it opened. My 4 children have each received the finest education which includes meeting their own specific needs. These specific needs range from APEX (gifted program) to Resource/co-teaching. When my daughter had trouble in spelling, the teacher found and implemented interventions to help her. I have seen her grow through the instruction to be more self confident. My child who has a learning disability gained reading skills and confidence through SPED & is now succeeding in high school. I credit the foundations of the early interventions for this. in addition to academics, there are many opportunities for students to explore extracurricular activities such as Art club, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) club, Battle of the Books, Garden Club, Basketball, Dance Team, Cheerleading & Spirit Club. Parents are an invited and active part of the school. The PTA is very active & parent volunteers read, utor, help teachers with classroom needs, etc. The

Posted August 30, 2014
My son has been here for 4 years now and my daughter for 2 yrs. We have been very happy with the teachers and administration! I would absolutely recommend this school to my friends!

Bon Lin Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
We`'ve got 2 kids at Bon-lin elementary, and would happily recommend this school. Every year our experience is positive, from pre-k onwards.Our kids are happy,and are always looking forward to school.

Posted January 02, 2014
We are military and moved to Memphis in summer 2013. I was quite concerned with Memphis schools so I did a lot of research before picking Bon Lin. This school has been absolutely WONDERFUL. From the principal to the teachers, everybody has gone out of their way to get my 4th grader settled into her new school. The teacher morale is very high and it shows in the smiles on their faces. Communication is fantastic and there are plenty of fun activities to participate in for the students. The students are so well behaved and respectful and the teachers actually enjoy teaching. I can't say enough good about this school.

Posted August 22, 2013
I have a 5th grader last year and she loved it! I loved it as academics are very important. I liked the staff and the children were for the most part very well behaved! My little has moved on to middle school now.

Posted May 02, 2011
I am very pleased with this school. My child has attended for four years and I have been happy with all of her teachers as well as the administration. The teachers are very committed to the students and it shows. Parent involvement is highly encouraged by the school and parents are very involved in many activities and programs.

Bon Lin Elementary School 2

Posted September 12, 2010
Focus is on TCAP and maintaining high test scores. The school does not have a strong stance on bullies which has been a problem where my son has been hit, pushed and shoved 3 separate times in the first 5 weeks of school. They work hard to bring the struggling students up to passing but do little for the gifted students to challenge them, at least until they reach 3rd grade and get into APEX.

Posted August 05, 2010
My son is in his 3rd year at Bon Lin and I couldn't be happier with it. The teachers have been fantastic. He's been challenged academically and they've had programs to help him since he struggles socially. The principal has been very involved, as is the PTA. When I join him for lunch, the food is good for cafeteria food. My son especially loves the breakfasts.

Bon Lin Elementary School 2

Posted June 08, 2010
School is relatively new and quickly becoming overcrowded. My son's class had 22 students this past year and the teacher was overwhelmed. Not willing to work with parents. Was told several times she was willing to work with him, disassociating the fact that if she was going to work with my child, she had to work with me too. Dissatisfied with the previous 1st grade teacher too. Great at communicating with parents, but failed to teach my child to read anywhere near an appropriate level. Paying for private tutoring this summer due to lack of quality teaching. Very regimented schedule with little time for energy release, not good for boys. A LOT of focus is given to the TCAP and Gateway tests. Principals is overrated and retiring. Replacement may be better.

Posted October 07, 2009
We have 2 children currently going to this school and our oldest is a Bon Lin Middle. This is the way a school should operate. It sets the standard.

Bon Lin Elementary School
3940 North Germantown Rd, Bartlett, TN  38133
Last modified Bon Lin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bon Lin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top