Birchwood, TN
Before care: Yes

Birchwood Elementary School 1

Posted May 11, 2011
FIRST,IM CONCERNED HOW EVERY COMMENT I HAVE VEIWED IN LAST 2 YEARS THAT DID NOT FIND THIS SCHOOL TO BE EXCEPTIBLE,SOMEHOW IS NO LONGER ON PROFILE?? I AS A PARENT OF 4 KIDS FEEL THERE IS SO MANY ISSUES CONCERNING ARE KIDS NEEDS,THAT BIRCHWOOD ELM DOES NOT MEET.I LIKE A SMALL SCHOOL BUT A SCHOOL WITH LESS THAN 200 CHILDREN IS A BIT 2 SMALL.THE KIDS MISS OUT ON SO MANY ATHELETIC CHANCES,FEILD TRIPS,ABILITY 2 BUILD SELF COFIDENCE A CHILD NEEDS TO MAKE IT THRU HIGH SCHOOL. CHILDREN HAVE TO LEAVE THEIR CLASSROOMS AT TIMES DURING WINTER 2 GO TO ANOTHER ROOM THAT IS WARMER.I MEAN COME ON ITS TIME TO UPGRADE. I PRAY THAT MY CHILDREN WILL NOT HAVE TO ATTEND ANOTHER YEAR AT THIS SCHOOL. BULLYING IS A BIG PROBLEM THAT IS NOT HANDLED CORRECTLY.ITS VERY SAD..I WILL DO EVERY THING I CAN 2 GET MY KIDS IN ANOTHER SCHOOL FOR THE YEAR 2011.

Birchwood Elementary School 5

Posted December 01, 2010
I have two children at Birchwood Elementary. Without saying to much, I have been beyond impressed with the improvement my son has made because of the dedication and commitment of the teachers. My son was far behind because of something things that had happened to him as a baby/toddler, however his teachers and principal have moved mountains to teach him. I am so thankful for such a warm and wonderful staff!!!

Birchwood Elementary School 5

Posted March 10, 2010
I have been dealing with Birchwood for two years now. I now have a child in Kindergarten and one in pre-k. The school has completely blossomed just in the present school year. The new principal is outstanding and has cleaned up the flaws in the school immensely. The teachers are great and working hard to educate the students and the PTA has been superb. Parents are welcomed anytime (which is a huge difference compared to some other schools). Its a fun and festive place that is full of life. Our family just LOVES Birchwood Elementary!

Birchwood Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2008

Birchwood Elementary School 2

Posted June 26, 2008

Birchwood Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2008
Solid school with caring staff and teachers they are really trying to start new programs in the area like after school and day camp with the YMCA Great Job

Birchwood Elementary School 0

Posted February 29, 2008
Birchwood Elementary is a great place to be! The small-school environment and low student/teacher ratio means my child gets the attention he needs. I am pleased that my child has access to both Science and Computer labs not to mention the track tennis courts and ball fields! I wish that our school had a person in charge of parent activities. I know that there are probably many volunteer opportunities available at the school, I just wish there was a person to organize volunteers and call parents to let them know when things are going on. I have never recieved a phone call from the PTA asking me to do anything or to participate in anything. I think there are alot of people like m ewho want to help, we just don't know what to do!

Birchwood Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2007
After attending a recent meeting concerning the special needs of my child, I am pleased to say that the faculty and staff went above and beyond to make the neccessary accomodations that my child needs. Mrs. Legg and the teachers at Birchwood love and care for all of the children....especially those with children 'special needs' !

Birchwood Elementary School 1

Posted November 07, 2007
As long as your children fit into the mold that the faculity is used to your children will be ok there. If they have any special needs that are remotely out of line of the norm then forget it. We had two children in this school at the begining of the year. Our oldest made it only a month into the year and we had major issues with a school bully that the principle totally ignored. As far as this being a 'community school' it used to be until the principal started keeping the community out. The same community that helped the school

Birchwood Elementary School 2

Posted November 05, 2007

Birchwood Elementary School
5623 Hwy 60, Birchwood, TN  37308
Last modified Birchwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Birchwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top