Sullivan Central High School

Public | 9-12

Posted January 9, 2014

I love central! I have learned so much here and the whole student body is like one huge family! There aren't many cliques and we all work together. Our EOC scores have been better than a lot of the other schools in our county for the past couple of years. Central is a lot of fun and I'm so glad I got the privilege to go here!

Posted November 30, 2009

Wow people really like this school????!!!!?!?!!? Most of the teachers are wonderful, but the ones that aren't are the worst I've ever had!!! The administration is too laid back for their own good and Mrs. Riden never foloows through with her promises. I expect my classes to met my intellectual needs and none that I have taken so far have met my expectations.

Posted August 16, 2009

The Environment is just amazing! The student population as a whole can easily be described as polite, dedicated, and responsible. I haven't met a teacher yet I didn't like! This school has such a positive atitude!

Posted May 3, 2009

Horrible death trap of a school! Lots of GEDs

Posted February 16, 2009

Sullivan Central is a fantastic school. As a student, I've learned how under-rated it really is. Just because our football program has been going through a rebuilding process and problems with coaches does not reflect the school. The football program is in fact, a great thing. I played for 4 years with some of the best coaches who taught me how to grow up and become a man. I don't regret it at all. As for the school, I love the atmosphere. There aren't many cliques or social groups. Mostly everyone is just mixed together. The academics can be challenging if you take the right classes. I think I'm very well prepared for college and for life because i went there.

Posted February 9, 2009

Central is an excellent school with lots of opportunity. Ms. Riden and the staff work diligently to help the school and students reach their highest potential. We have found the school to be safe and an academically challenging environment. We have also found the highly qualified teachers exhibit excellent teaching and motivational skills. All too often, large groups of young adults are unfairly stereotyped due to the behavior of a few isolated cases. Give the kids a chance and you may just get to see the best side of them. These kids work hard and play hard. I challenge anyone to go to a ball game and ask 10 students for help finding a bathroom. I'll bet you'll be surprised. Talk to parents of current students and students themselves before being swayed by the opinions of others. Students and parents can expect to get out, just about what they put in.

Posted December 1, 2008

The school is in terrible shape the kids are prone to violence and the principal is not helping the matter.These kids do what they want when they want.I know my son went there.

Posted August 1, 2008

its amazing and the teacher try to influence the children very well

Posted October 22, 2007

School is not all about Football and Band. Their are many other aspects you must take into cosideration. This year has been a year of change for the students and staff. Some for the better and some for the worse. We have takin on new leadership, she has improved our school greatly not just physically but also academicly. Yes our Football may not be the best in the world but our turn-out showes our cougar pride. Sullivan Central has made a huge impact on my life and its made my HS career the time of my life!!! '08

Posted August 6, 2007

Administration is working hard to make the school a better environment.

Posted September 10, 2006

The Sullivan Central Marching Band is definitely great and has lots of Class. It's Something to be very proud of and a part of. The football program on the other hand is definitely NOT great. It is so bad that Sullivan County families actually redirect and relocate their households in order to attend other schools with more successful athletic programs such as Tennessee High School, Dobbins Bennett, and Sullivan South. There is increasing and significant grumbling and concern from citizens and parents of the Sullivan Central community and signs of community disinterest are evident as there is less participation and there are fewer spectators for which in turn affects the operational costs of our athletic programs.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted July 9, 2006

It is a great school. We have a melody of all different people in the school. I mean it wont ever be perfect. Popularity like another school rules this school if you aren't a prep or jock then your nothing. Even the band (which I am proudly in ) are higher than a lot of people think. This year our football team lost EVERY game and our band won all of our compactions. Our band is the reason why our school gets money and well its a pity . That's my review. Don't get my wrong I love that school. Thank You

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

259 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 42% in 2013.

236 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 62% in 2013.

224 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

248 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

221 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

English III

The state average for English III was 40% in 2013.

271 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 36%N/A55%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

131 Shipley Ferry Rd