Bluff City, TN

Posted April 29, 2014
Honestly, I did not attend this school very long. But from what I saw, I loved it. The teachers there really helped me out, especially as far as getting used to the school. I am from a northern state, and I felt comfort here as a student. Of course I would recommend that you send your kids here.

Bluff City Middle School 4

Posted March 23, 2014
I love this school. As a parent I enjoyed this school and so does my child, it has changed and become better in rates. My daughter has a very good relationship with her teachers, and has learned so much. Yes it does need an update on sanitary for sure. I wouldn't say it is the best, but it is a great school.

Posted March 15, 2014
I used to go to this school in the 80's and it wasn't great then. My child started here and is now being home schooled. The school allowed her to be bullied for 2 months and when she couldn't take it anymore she was charged with assault. Now her records show her to be the BULLY. The dress code is only enforced for the students. Some of the staff wear very inappropriate clothing. Respect is not given by staff but is expected of the students. The teachers drink soda, eat, chew gum, and play/text on their phones. When asking the principal about this his reply was..."Adults are allowed to do things that children aren't". Good way to teach respect. The students receive harsh punishments for minor offenses. If you go to the school board over any issues your child will get a target on his/her back. If you have to send your child here (and I don't recommend you do) You need to tell them not to stare at the principal or they will get suspended for three days. In a meeting I had to ask him the old childish question..."how did you know she was staring at you if you weren't staring at her?" No comment was given. May as well buy a brick to talk to. PARENTS BEWARE!!!

Posted November 04, 2013
I, as a student at Bluff City Middle School, am apalled. The teachers are inconsiderate of students (with few acceptions), the cafeteria and bathrooms are discusting, and the assistant principal does not respect dress code. One eighth-grade teacher in perticular is too judemental in the classroom. I do not reccomend sending your children to this school.

Posted May 02, 2013
I am an educator myself and am appalled at the attitude and work ethic of many of the teachers. For example, one teacher spends his entire class period with his feet on his desk while playing some game on his phone. Students receive no instruction or attention and are expected to read the chapter material and be tested on it that Friday. Another teacher consistently calls the principle in to maintain order for petty discipline issues. Another spends her entire class period bragging about her sons' sporting activities. Students boast that they just need to mention it and she talks and shows pictures the entire time. In addition, there is no RTI to speak of. Students are immediately sent to ISS or alternative school for any minor offense. Many of these students would benefit from a teacher that listened and tried to build a caring relationship with them. Others would be more receptive if the learning environment was differentiated for different learning styles. WAKE UP TEACHERS! Yes, it is your job to do what is necessary to reach the students! Where is the creativity and desire to instill a love of learning in a child.

Posted December 16, 2011
This school is one of the worst I have encountered. They do nothing to stop bullying. Their academic program is horrible. The teachers lack any care for the majority of the students attending. The principal is awful and does not try to reach resolutions for his school or students and is told what to do by teachers. What is good???

Posted December 16, 2011
HORRIBLE school all the way around. The principal lacks leadership skills and ability. The teachers have their chosen few of favorites. The academic programs are severly lacking.

Posted March 25, 2010
I want to know what school some of these people are talking about? The BCMS that my son attended was the worst school I have every seen. The teachers did not care, they beat the students out of the door at the end of the day. Most are just there to collect a pay check. The 3 years that my son attended BCMS was a nightmare. This schools does nothing to curb bullying. My son was told on 2 occasions when he reported bullying to himself and another student that no tattling. That was because the one doing the bullying was a teachers child. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 25, 2009
i like my reading teacher a lot, her name is ms. Evans. and my s.s ms. ervans she is cool too

Posted March 16, 2009
this school is wonderful our F.C.A. program has grown to 90 kids. and our volleyball was the best ever this year. our track is just now starting but i have a good feeling that it is going to be good. our school needs some funner classes if you ask me. every year we do the same thing in our related art classes. but other than that our school is perfect

Bluff City Middle School
715 Carter St, Bluff City, TN  37618
Last modified Bluff City Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bluff City Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top