Bluff City, TN

Posted March 29, 2014
I am a proud graduate from Sullivan East High. I feel like it was a great high school to attend! I have many great memories from my four years there, and I feel that I was properly prepared for college. I graduated from a private college thanks to the education I received first from Sullivan East. The teachers and staff are very down to earth, and they care about the students well being. Many other schools in the Bristol area are very political in the advancement of their students, but Sullivan East places advancement in the hands of the students work ethic. I am very grateful to have attended Sullivan East, and would recommend it to anyone.

Posted February 29, 2012
I am an alumni of this school and other than a few great teachers my experiance with East was not a good one nor was it for many of the people I know. Discrimination, favorites and unjust is the way of sullivan county schools at least in bluff city and East is no different.

Sullivan East High School 1

Posted August 01, 2011
This school is the basic stereotypical under achieving hillbilly school. The teachers don't care or challenge their students. In sports, every game is a rout. It is just overall pathetic.

Posted February 06, 2011
I am a past student (1974) and I know that East High is the best school. Never have I found a school with staff that not only say they care, they have no problem showing such care. I live many miles away now, but I have the best memories of East.

Posted December 11, 2009
I am a past student of East and I believe that East is one of the best public schools out there. There are excellent teachers and staff that truely care about the sucess of their students,in school & in life. I would like to thank eveyone from students to teachers, administraters to staff for inspiring me to change lives.

Posted October 02, 2009
The majority of the teachers assign book reading instead of hands-on teaching, they have bad grammar, and low standards. Sports are the focus at that school and favoritism is a big problem.

Sullivan East High School 3

Posted September 15, 2009
Sullivan East High School is a all right school. The teachers are not as bad as they say. Personaly my favorete teachers has to me between Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Ward. Mrs. Williams is funny but undestands you need to get your work done. Mrs. Ward seems a little strict to others but to me you need to respect her in order to learn. She's great! Her teaching skills taught me more than alot more than others.

Sullivan East High School

Posted February 02, 2009
Just look at how the student spelled the State he lives in! How good can it be. I think they should tear it down and start over. However there are some fine people (J Dyer, R Gilmore.. list not all inclusive but these are best! P.S. WE miss Mrs. Rouse!!!!

Posted December 17, 2008
As a student, I can honestly say that I am rarely challenged in any academic course I have took. Most teachers have stopped teaching after they are tenured. I have had classes which I have done nothing but watch CNN for the entire semester, which apparently constitutes a 100 final average in economics and government. There are a few teachers (Mr Gilmore, Mr Aubrey, Ms Ward, Ms Eberle, Mr Rasnake, Ms Queen, Mrs Aubrey) that genuinely make difficult courses where it is hard to get that A -- I have learned everything in High School from those teachers. The cafeteria rarely has enough food for all students, so if you have 3rd lunch, get there as early as possible or you'll be eating half frozen french fries and pay full price for the meal. The administration runs the school effectively, but the teachers really hurt the school.

Posted June 26, 2008
I am extremely happy with my son attending Sullivan East. The Teachers and Coaches are wonderful and always willing to take time for students or parents. The atmosphere is great and the kids all seem to really get along. As far as academics, I am very pleased with the curriculim and how he is being taught.

Sullivan East High School
4180 Weaver Pike, Bluff City, TN  37618
(423) 354-1900
Last modified Sullivan East High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sullivan East High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top