Bad
Good

Woodland Elementary School is a nurturing place for our kids. The staff is always willing to help in any way possible. The teachers give hours of after school help with tutoring, guidance, club projects, basketball, Beta, cheerleading, etc. Woodland is a small school with a big heart.

Teachers here do NOT give the students the attention they need, even when the student has pleaded for help. I have Emailed them multiple times requesting more assistance for our child who was struggling in one subject. We were completely ignored. We finally went to the school to speak to someone face to face and the staff seemed "put out". A couple of them even sighed, as if it were a BOTHER to educate this child. We felt like complete outsiders and felt as if we were imposing. The principle WILL listen to you if you can corner her but readily defends her teachers and will project the blame of the issue back onto YOU and your child. They discriminate against working mothers, even going so far as to state to me, "Well your husband works doesn't he?" What in blue blazes does THAT have to do with needing more teacher assistance for my child? They have a bullying policy that is poorly enforced. The principle's rebuttal... "well kids will be kids". My children have attended this school for 8 years and since the previous principle retired, the school and the quality of education has dropped to the point that I am currently looking into online education.

Horribly disinterested staff. Igoring childrens pleas when they are complaing about a bully.

If it wasnt for Mitzie Bush, Rhonda Martin, Pam Ohara, and Ms Elizabeth my child would not be where she is at acadamicaly. I love Woodland for those (4) teachers.

i love woodland and all the people in it. the teachers are great a little harsh at times but great. the students are cool and the home works no heavy. so if your reading this trying to find a school for your child pick woodland.

I think Woodland is an excellent school, filled with many wonderful teachers. My children attend Woodland for many academic reasons, but one of the most precious reasons to me is that my husband and I also attended Woodland. We feel it is a close-knit family where we know our children are safe, secure, and learning!

Last modified Woodland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.