Brentwood, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted September 08, 2014
I graduated from this school 2 years ago and I can honestly say it is the best school. The teachers were really supportive and art class was always a blast. Gifted children were able to go to encore for harder studies but support was given I made a lot of life long friends and I always enjoyed going. Don't hesitate to enroll your child because I guarantee you and your child will not regret it!!!! :)

Posted June 08, 2013
My daughter joined Granbery almost in the last quarter of the academic year - we came from a different country and it was her first school in the US. She was welcomed, tutored and mentored for her TCAP assessments and she shone ! Her 4th Grade Teacher was the BEST ever teacher, dedicated and instilled a sense of discipline. Music teachers were very passionate to teach the recorder and my daughter loved it ! Field trips, After school activities, Concerts aplenty - I volunteered for almost every event that they needed help / chaperones. PTA had a very strong presence and so did the Principal. She is a very approachable and affable lady ! Wonderfully stocked library and beautiful play field - We miss Granbery !

Posted April 23, 2013
My child attended K and 1st here, love it.. Pros: seasoned seemingly well-liked administration, active PTA, lots of enrichment opportunities (some cost extra or are after school), numerous field trips, positive environment, well-behaved kids, nice parents, focus on performance, high test scores. Cons: technology (although PTA supplements Metro's budget allotment), infrequent computer classes, some teachers embrace the technology resources and some don't (it seems to be their choice), some ineffective teachers. Teaching seems to be normalized to the middle-ground although most teachers do attempt to provide additional challenges for advanced students and to boost lower performers. The PTA focuses on closing the technology gap (online study programs, funds for computers, technology upgrades). I looked at private schools, but felt that differences could be made up by providing home enrichment (and I still think this is true.). I also appreciate the diversity, which I assessed to be 1/2 caucasian and 1/2 a melting pot. Get involved, you'll love it. Previous reviewer's neg assessment of cleanliness, field trips, staying in homeroom for all classes, and principal don't fit my experience.

Posted April 12, 2013
Granbery is a great school my son attended kindergarten here and he was very found of school he always loved to go school. Principal and whole staff is very welcoming and helpful......so far the teacher (Miss Miller) my child has had in kindergarten was excellent. Miss miller gave him positive approach of life I will be always thankful to her.

Posted September 07, 2012
My boys have been attending Granbery for three years now, and we love this school! I love the parental involvement and the diversity of the students. This is one of Nashville's best elementary schools by far.

Granbery Elementary School 1

Posted February 29, 2012
My child is concluding there last of two years here; it has been the longest contraction. The school lacks: Technology, Foreign (2nd) language, Music, Faculty Passion and Arts. They charge ($$$) for everything, never experienced this method in private/charter or other schools (public). 99% of the staff is aged, thus lacking the desire for recess, passion, energy. All classes are in student s homeroom teacher. We have been a part of other curriculum with other schools where classes were assigned to separate teachers, computers, and music. Students are constantly being restricted privileges due to actions of other students. Classes are heavily mixed with academically, behavioral challenged students which slows the advancement of the majority. Parking/Driver lot is a train wreck, cleanliness is frightful. Though my child is exceeding in there academics, expressing dislike for the school has been a constant .Also, Field Trips rarely happens and if it does .Children pay to have a rep bring the Field Trip to the school. I really feel a new Principal & Asst. Principal would do the trick in resuscitating the school. Were quite active involved parents :-)

Posted September 29, 2011
I agree this is a great school and I have two children attending. However, if you are considering this school, I think there are some things you should know. Parental involvement is a major factor at this school. Our experiences so far (3 years in) are that homework is a BIG deal and rarely will you have nights off. So bear that in mind if you are Wed. night church attendees or have children involved in extracurriculars. This has been very challenging for us with 2 working parents as I'm not talking 15 minutes and you're done kind of homework. This school is big and crowded for an elementary school. They manage it well but you will feel the pain in the cafeteria that was not expanded when the rest of the school was. "Lunch" begins as early as 10:10! There is no meet and greet for kindergartners. They meet their teachers/see their classroom on the first day of school just like grades 1 thru 4. Makes for a real zoo on day #1. Their onsite daycare is full and on a waiting list so plan accordingly. They are big on field trips. My two have been on more trips so far than I went on in my whole Metro school career. Start saving your money for those now.

Posted April 20, 2011
This is best public school we have ever experienced for our daughter. She used to attend of the most prestigious private school in Nashville, but we decided to transfer her to Granbery and we are very happy for that decision. More specifically, Granbery enjoys an optimal level of diversity, with caring teachers and very active parents. Really EXCEPTIONAL!

Posted August 16, 2010
My son attended Granbery from K through 4th grade. My daughter started there also and is now in the 3rd grade. This school is excellent for public schools. I debated over whether to place my children in private school. I am glad to say that I am content with my choice. My son excelled there and my daughter is currently doing the same. The PTA there will keep you informed and involved. Teachers are provided with funds from the PTA to help enrich the classroom experience for the students.

Granbery Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
Granbery has been wonderful for our son. We've looked at private schools and discovered that Granbery offers as much and more than most private schools in the area. Wonderful principal and teachers and an excellent recycling program. Amazing parent involvement and a great group of students. Test scores are in the top percentiles. Couldn't ask for a better elementary school!

Granbery Elementary School
5501 Hill Rd, Brentwood, TN  37027
Last modified Granbery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Granbery Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top