Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This is my daughter's last week at this school. She has been here since kindergarten and we could not be happier. Teachers are very involved and supportive, and staff are very helpful and nice. We will miss Granbery community so much.

This is my daughters second year at Granbery and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience thus far. The new principal is top notch and the teachers have been fabulous!

My daughter has been at Granbery for the past three years, and we just love this school. Chad High the new principal (as of the 2014-2015 school year) has done an exceptional job... he was a Granbery Parent before joining the Administrative staff and he gets what uniquely makes this school so great. The student and parent body is hugely diverse, the teachers are long-tenured and care deeply, and it's just been such a special community. We moved into the area specifically to attend this school, and it was a great decision. We love our Geckos dearly!

I have three kids and have been at Granbery for seven years now (three more to go). WE LOVE THIS SCHOOL!! And it keeps getting better. The new principle Chad High is kind, brilliant, and a total visionary. Great teachers, great families, super diverse (racially, socioeconomically, culturally, etc.). This is kind of my dream school. Thankful to be a Gecko!

My son goes to Granbery and the staff is top notch. He is excited about learning and the communication from his teacher daily is superb!

I graduated from this school 2 years ago and I can honestly say it is the best school. The teachers were really supportive and art class was always a blast. Gifted children were able to go to encore for harder studies but support was given I made a lot of life long friends and I always enjoyed going. Don't hesitate to enroll your child because I guarantee you and your child will not regret it!!!! :)

My daughter joined Granbery almost in the last quarter of the academic year - we came from a different country and it was her first school in the US. She was welcomed, tutored and mentored for her TCAP assessments and she shone ! Her 4th Grade Teacher was the BEST ever teacher, dedicated and instilled a sense of discipline. Music teachers were very passionate to teach the recorder and my daughter loved it ! Field trips, After school activities, Concerts aplenty - I volunteered for almost every event that they needed help / chaperones. PTA had a very strong presence and so did the Principal. She is a very approachable and affable lady ! Wonderfully stocked library and beautiful play field - We miss Granbery !

My child attended K and 1st here, love it.. Pros: seasoned seemingly well-liked administration, active PTA, lots of enrichment opportunities (some cost extra or are after school), numerous field trips, positive environment, well-behaved kids, nice parents, focus on performance, high test scores. Cons: technology (although PTA supplements Metro's budget allotment), infrequent computer classes, some teachers embrace the technology resources and some don't (it seems to be their choice), some ineffective teachers. Teaching seems to be normalized to the middle-ground although most teachers do attempt to provide additional challenges for advanced students and to boost lower performers. The PTA focuses on closing the technology gap (online study programs, funds for computers, technology upgrades). I looked at private schools, but felt that differences could be made up by providing home enrichment (and I still think this is true.). I also appreciate the diversity, which I assessed to be 1/2 caucasian and 1/2 a melting pot. Get involved, you'll love it. Previous reviewer's neg assessment of cleanliness, field trips, staying in homeroom for all classes, and principal don't fit my experience.

Granbery is a great school my son attended kindergarten here and he was very found of school he always loved to go school. Principal and whole staff is very welcoming and helpful......so far the teacher (Miss Miller) my child has had in kindergarten was excellent. Miss miller gave him positive approach of life I will be always thankful to her.

My boys have been attending Granbery for three years now, and we love this school! I love the parental involvement and the diversity of the students. This is one of Nashville's best elementary schools by far.

Last modified Granbery Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.